Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, June 28, 2019

Feeling Blessed

I had such a wonderful day yesterday.  I was lucky to be able to enjoy a wonderful lunch with some amazing women from my Sunday School class.  When I arrived home I realized I needed to put my feelings into a card and thanks to the great idea I got from Ava's card that I cased yesterday I knew just what to do.  So here is the result...


This card is simply a mixture of previous cards I have posted on here just using some different inks and stamp sets.  

I also wanted to show a very simple card made with just the stamps from the bundle as well.  Here you go...



This card was created with three layers, the actual cardbase which is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" cut from Flirty Flamingo cardstock.  The second layer is 4 x 5 1/4" and is cut from Basic Black cardstock.  The top layer is also Flirty Flamingo cut to 3 3/4 x 5".  

I stamped the rose using all three of the different layers offered in this stamp set (the more you use the more detail you achieve).  I stamped the first layer in the softest tone I was using which was Flirty Flamingo, the second layer was stamped using Calypso Coral and the third layer (the darkest and most defined) was stamped using the new Terracotta Tile Ink.  I did the roses first and then masked them as needed to add the leaves.  The leaves are also three layers, I started with Soft Seafoam and then moved to Pear Pizzazz and the final (darkest and most defined layer) was stamped using Mossy Meadow.  

To finish the card I simply stamped the word "Blessed" diagonally across the center of the card.  I then layered the top layer onto the basic black layer, wrapped a piece of the Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around the card and tied a bow.  I popped this onto the base and in just a few minutes I had a cute and simple card.

This bundle "To a Wild Rose" is perfect for both involved and simple cards, and I love the sentiment "Blessed" because that is exactly what I am, blessed to have a wonderful family, great friends and an amazing crafting community.  Thank all of you who follow me, I hope you love this project.

As always all of the products used here are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this post.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment