Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

FLOATING THANKS

Today’s card features the Thoughtful Wishes Stamp Set and the coordinating Thoughtful Journey Designer Series Paper.  I also used one of the dies from the Spotlight on Nature die set, I just love how versatile these dies are. 

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Granny Apple Green cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of the Thoughtful Journey DSP into a 3 ½” square.  Once that was cut I started on the left side and cut it into strips, the first strip was cut at ½”, the next at ¾”, the next at 1” which left the final strip which was 1 ¼” (keep your strips in order for easier placement later).  Once that was all cut, I cut a piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock to 3 x 4 ¼”.  Once I had that pretty peacock piece cut, I laid it with the 4 ¼” side going landscape and began adding my strips.  These are arranged with equal distance between each of them and on each end.

 (NOTE: here is a tip I figured out that really helps with the placement, I used repositionable tape which I bought at staples and added just a tiny bit to each strip.  This allowed me to reposition them until I had them all where I wanted them but it kept them all in place.  Once I had them positioned, I removed one at a time and added my adhesive)

Once I had my strips all on, I used Dimensionals and popped the whole thing up on the center of the card.  I stamped my sentiment “Thanks” onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Pretty Peacock Ink and then die cut it with one of the circles from the Spotlight on Nature die set.  I added that directly to the front of the card. 

For the inside I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped one of the floral images from the Thoughtful Wishes Stamp set onto it again with Pretty Peacock Ink.  I added some interest to that buy quickly adding Wink of Stella to it so that it picked up a little of the ink color and put it throughout the image.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment