Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, May 4, 2020

Double Z Fold Card


I have been wanting to work with this fold for some time.  However, the directions I had were for a finished card that was 4 x 4” and I just hate to pay extra postage for those square cards.  So I have been working on converting it into an A-4 card and I finally figured it out.  So again, today I am sharing 3 cards and again today I decided to use the fun sentiments from the Stampin’ Up! Share Sunshine PDF digital stamp file.  I am making a bunch of these cards to send to my shut-ins from the church (they are now required to stay in their own apartments and can’t participate in any group activities so they are even more shut-in) hoping to make them smile and maybe even laugh.  I am still playing with the paper masks (see May 1st post on how those are made). 
So here are the three cards, I just love each of them.







So, let’s get started shall we.  The card base is 4 ¼ x 11” scored at 2 ¾ and 5 ½” and the second base is 3 ¾ x 9” scored at 3 ½ and 6 ¼”  (I made one using Melon Mambo for both layers, and one using Blackberry Bliss for both layers and the third I used Blackberry Bliss for the bottom layer and So Saffron for the smaller layer). 

For all three cards, I used two of the coordinating pieces of the Best Dressed DSP.  I cut the larger print pieces for the base of the front of the card to 3 1/3 x 3 ¼” and 2 ½ x 4” (I used the smaller print to make the mask, see May 1st blog for instructions.  I also cut three pieces of Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and two each at 2 ½ x 3 ½”.  I attached the largest piece to the inside bottom of the largest card base.  I then stamped both the smaller pieces of whisper white.  I used coordinating flowers from the Dressed to Impress stamp set and stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them using Stampin’ Blends markers.  I also used the sentiment “I miss your face” from the Share Sunshine PDF (I will attach the link to purchase it below).  

To assemble.  Fold cardbase at 5 ½” and then fold back the front of the card so it is now 2 ¾” wide.  For the smaller base fold, the two pieces that are now 2 ¾” down on top of one another and the 3 ½” side down over top of them (see pics).  Adhere DSP to the front of both card bases.  Adhere Whisper White to the inside of the larger base.  Adhere stamped Whisper White cardstock to the 3 ½” sections.  Now open up both bases and adhere the smaller one to the larger one centered (be sure to only put adhesive on the sections that don’t fold open.  Adhere mask and sentiment. 




I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

 Link for the Share Sunshine PDF:  https://covid19.stampinup.com/products/giving-back-us-ca


No comments:

Post a Comment