Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, May 1, 2020

Hinged Fun Fold Card


I saw Lisa Curcio create one of these cute fun fold cards on her blog so I decided today I would create one to share with you.  I am adding a bit of humor in the card since so many of us are stuck at home with statewide stay at home orders and I have been having some fun with the new Share Sunshine PDF Download is a digital stamp set that’s packed with both lighthearted and heartfelt sentiments and imagery relevant to the unique COVID-19 and social distancing situation we’re currently experiencing.  Simply print the imagery on cardstock and cut it out using our Paper Trimmer, punches, or dies. Since we are physically distanced from each other, now is a perfect time to share sunshine with our friends and family by sending cards! (I will include the link to purchase below)
Stampin’ Up! is committed to making a difference in our global communities and caring about people first. As part of their Making a Difference program they are offering a product giveback opportunity to support organizations that are helping COVID-19 frontline responders and communities vulnerable to the pandemic. So, when you purchase the Share Sunshine PDF Download 100% of the proceeds will go to COVID-19 efforts.  You simply select which of the two organizations you wish your funds to go to. 
So I am going to share three cards today and here is the first one:



The card base is made with your choice of cardstock (I used So Saffron for one and Garden Green for the other two) cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 4” and 5 1/5”. 

I then cut two pieces of Designer Series Paper / DSP (I used the new Ornate Garden Specialty Paper on the so saffron card and the Garden Lane Designer Series Paper on the other.  Cut the DSP to 1 ¼ x 4” and 3 ¾ x 4” (be sure to keep directional paper oriented correctly when cutting).  Adhere these two pieces of DSP to the front of the card.  Then wrap your ribbon of choice around the smaller portion of the card and tie a bow (I used the coordinating ribbon from the Ornate Garden suite on the first card and Mint Macaron ¼” Textile Ribbon for the other two cards).

Once you have that completed it is time to secure your hinge.  This is accomplished by adhering the small fold in the front of the card that is 1 ½” wide to the back of the card.  For this I like to use Tear and Tape because it holds up to the opening and closing of the card. 

Now to decorate.  For the first card I used the Daisy Lane Stamp set and stamped two large and two medium daisies onto So Saffron Cardstock with Soft Suede ink.  I also stamped the center one of the daisies onto Soft Suede cardstock with Soft Suede ink.  I punched the daisies out with the Daisy and Medium Daisy punches and shaped the petals with my bone folder.  I used my ¾” (now retired) circle punch to punch out the center and added it.  For the sentiment I used a retired stamp but any one of the digital stamps in the Share Sunshine set would work great.

So here are the second and third cards:





The sentiments on these two of the cards are part of a new digital set also for the second two cards I decided to create some little paper masks (why not how hard could it be I have been sewing cloth ones this week so just make them smaller).  Well let me tell you working with something that small is a pain but I found a cute video on YouTube and just tweaked it for my purposes and it was easy then.  So I started out with a piece of DSP that measured 2 ¾ x 2 1/8” and turned it the long way on my score tool and scored it at ½, 5/8, 1, 1 1/8, 1 ½ and 1 5/8” (I discovered after the first card I preferred a little smaller mask so I made it this same way and then just cut 1/8” off the top and bottom and ¼” off the side once I had it all folded up).  Mountain fold the ½, 1 and 1 ½” score lines and valley fold the 5/8, 1 1/8 and 1 5/8” score lines.  I then used tear and tape and Whisper White cardstock to make the edges (for the bigger one I left the sides at ¼” and the top and bottom were cut down to 1/8” and for the smaller one I made the whole thing ¼”) this helped me hold my pleats in place.  Next, I turned my mask over and pushed it open in the center.  I then added a strip of the tear tape and whisper white cardstock to the back of the mask so it would stay open.  On the larger mask I used some 1/8” white ribbon (about 2 ¾”) to make the ear pieces and on the smaller one I fashioned them out of a piece of 1/8” wide whisper white cardstock (about 2 ¼” long).  I adhered both masks to the fronts of the cards using dimensionals.  I added these cute sentiments that I printed out from the digital file and the fronts are done.

For the inside of all three cards I cut Whisper White cardstock to 3 ¾” x 4” and added the adorable sentiment “I miss your face” also from the digital set. 

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:
The Share Sunshine PDF Download can be purchased through this link (reminder all proceeds go to these Covid-19 charities and demonstrators do not receive commissions on this product)


Other Supplies: 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these cards. They have helped inspire me to use my dowmload.

    ReplyDelete