Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Friday, June 3, 2016

Fun with Calypso

First I need to give a huge shout out to Stephanie Carroll who is the original designer of this project.  I found her template on Split Coast Stampers (I believe) and saved it some time ago planning to use it and of course other things got in my way, isn’t that how it always is.  So I stumbled across the file the other day and thought it would be perfect for this project and I was right, I just feel in love with it once I did.  I simply changed up a few things to make it what I wanted.  Excellent design Stephanie, thank you so much for the cutting template and the inspiration.  Look at this cute little bag that is going to hold all our treasures...


One Sheet Wonder Tote and Cards  (when we finish we will have a little bag and 9 coordinating cards which is perfect for gift giving)

Basic Supplies (additional supplies for individual projects will be listed with the bag or that card, please note several supplies are used on multiple cards, etc. ) -     

- Calypso Paper  Packet (7210B) (I used 1 sheet of the pineapples on one side and the flamingo’s on the other and did half of the cards featuring each design.  I also used part of a sheet of the Blue B&T with speckles but I could have used blue cardstock there) 
- 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Canary Cardstock, 1 ½ sheets of Pixie Cardstock, 1 sheet of Pear Cardstock (or you could use the green B&T in the paper packet) 
-1 sheet of White Daisy Cardstock - White Value Pack cards and envelopes (X254) 

For tote:
          Pixie cardstock (cut to 8 ½ x 11”, 11 x ¾”, and 3/8" x 4 1/2"  
          Calypso pieces 4 x 4 1/2", and two at 1/2 x 11"
        
With 8 ½” side at top score paper 1 ¼” from each side
With 11” side at top score paper 4 ½” from each side
Cut on short score lines – fold and adhere with sticky strip to make box
Adhere piece A to front of tote and embellish as desired ( I added two pixie strips and the Hibiscus Flower)

For handle attach pieces B to Pixie strips using sticky strip and then adhere handles to front and back of tote using sticky strip (I also added a brad here because I felt it looked better.
         
Supplies: (in addition to listed at the beginning)
- Brads from my stash
Flower was stamped using the Hawaiian Hibiscus stamp set (B1527)
- Hibiscus was colored with ShinHan Markers (the water color pencils work great too, they are 3505), Leaf Green (Z2454), Tender Pink (Z2464), Marigold (Z24574) and the Colorless Blender (Z2469)

NOTE:  You could use the Calypso Paper Packet in lieu of any cardstock and make this whole project.  My issue is I hate to cover up a beautiful designed paper with another paper so I tend to use a lot of cardstock as bases.  If you were looking for a cost saver and wanted to use cardstock but didn’t want to purchase large packages of numerous colors you could easily purchase the Whimsy Cardstock  package which has 20 sheets of 12 x 12 cardstock that would go great with the B&T papers (it is X5940). 

For some reason I can not for the life of me get the cutting template to load on here (files just don't want to work together) but if you purchase supplies for this project from my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com (my e-mail address is on there) e-mail me and I will be glad to send the template to you (it allows you to get so much more out of your paper).

I hope you enjoy this project as well as the cards coming in the days ahead.  The supplies for this bag and all the cards can be purchased on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com  or by clicking the shop button at the top of this blog.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment