Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Back to Work

As those of you who have read my previous posts know I had to take a break from posting to do some house hunting for my in-law's.  I am happy to say that God as usual guided my husband and I on our journey and we found them a perfect town house.  Their home in Arkansas sold in record time and we found them a place here (that they think is perfect, at least from the 50+ pictures I sent) within a week.  Nice to have that done.  I will still be taking some time away from here to handle things like inspections on the new place, dealing with the movers, getting some things taken care of before they get here and the like but I feel great relief getting this far this fast.

So with that said it was time to buckle down and finish the Calypso paper packet two page scrapbook layout that I promised, so here it is...


I am quite happy with it since scrapbooking always seems to be a bigger challenge for me that card making.  So I have not placed photos yet.  I will be adding two 4 x 4" prints on the left page and on the right a 4 x 6" print (I have the perfect ones of my husband and I taken last month at Myrtle Beach were we were sitting by the pool enjoying some adult beverages on our 32nd Wedding Anniversary). I have a number of pictures taken at the pool so I think I am going to add some of the Close to My Heart Flip Flaps to the mix (check them out on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com  These are great little additions that adhere to the plastic page protector and flip open so you can put a stack of pictures in one photo cell (great way to add more pictures without a bunch more pages).  I really love these flamingo's but I want to warn you the they are a limited time only product and the thin cuts have sold out once already so I am not sure how long we will have them so if you want them you need to order them soon.  I love the watercolor look on this calypso paper I used as a background for these pages (this is part of that single paper packet I started with back at the beginning of the month and I have plenty of paper for at least 4 more scrapbook pages and several more cards.  I sure got some bang for my buck out of this paper packet. 

Here are pictures of the individual pages...  



Left page


Right page

It is hard to see some of the details in the pictures but I used green glitter paper for the palm trees and it looks great.  I also inked all my papers, even the titles with the same color ink as the cardstock, it just adds the slightest depth without standing out too much.  I also added black gems to the flamingo's eyes because lets face it every project needs a little bling.  I did use 3-D foam tape under the flamingo's wings for added interest (now I wish I would have added it under the waves also just for the feeling of depth and interest).  

Supply List:
Paper:  Calypso Paper Packet (X7210B) and I used some green glitter paper from my stash
Cardstock:  Sunset( X5758), Honey (X5668), Chocolate (X5643), Crystal Blue (1292), Canary (X5772) and Pear (X5764) 
Inks: Chocolate (Z2111), Crystal Blue (Z2117), Honey (Z2162), Sunset (Z2191), Pixie (Z2644), Hollyhock (Z2128) and Memento (Z899) 
Stamp Set:  Tickled Pink (C1615) and coordinating Tickled Pink Thin Cuts (Z3228)
Misc: Daubers (Z726) and 3-D foam tape (Z2060)

I cut the Umbrella, waves (both) and the Palm Trees out of the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge (Z3169), now don't freak out over the price, let me point out this includes the cartridge with 700 images to make things like minibooks, layouts, it's own font and so much more.  It also includes three D size stamp sets valued at $17.95 each and a packet (20 sheets, 2 each of 10 colors) of the Adventure cardstock pack which is valued at $14.95.

NOTE:  You could replace the crystal blue with lagoon, the canary with honey and the chocolate with topiary and you would have a beautiful page as well.  That way you could order a packet of the Adventure cardstock instead of all the individual colors and you would get 20 sheets of paper 2 each of 10 different colors.  The order number for it is X5935.  If you want to do the same kind of thing with the inks consider the Exclusive Inks Mini Pigment Pad Sets and get 10 inks in a package.

As always the supplies for this and most of my projects are available at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shop button at the top of this blog.  Happy Crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment