Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Monday, September 30, 2024

THINKING OF YOU WITH WINTERY TREE TOPS

Today’s card features the Wintery Tree Tops Bundle and the Nests of Winter Designer Series Paper from the September – December Mini Catalog.  I fell in love with all the products included in this Nests of Winter Suite Collection and for today’s card I used every item in the collection with the exception of the Birch Wood 3D Embossing Folder but not to worry I will be showing a lot more created with all the products because I just can’t get enough of them. 

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Smoky Slate cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 6 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Copper Clay cardstock to 2 1/8 x 5 3/8” and added it to my 2 ¼” front flap.  To that I added a piece of the Nests of Winter 12 x 12” Designer Series Paper cut to 2 x 5 ¼” (I love that this card uses so little DSP just think of how many of these cards you could make using just one sheet of the DSP, well that would be 12 cards my friends). 

Next, I created the fold over flap by cutting a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock to 3 1/3 x 3 ½” and scoring it at 2 ¾” on the 3 ¼” side.  Once that was done, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and attached that small scored side of the flap to the right side center back and then attached the white to the inside of the card.  I added a piece of Basic White cardstock that was cut to 2 ½ x 3 ¼” and embossed it with the Snowflake 3D Embossing Folder before attaching it to my flap.

To decorate the card, I stamped one of the birds from the bundle and two of the little branches shown on the card onto scraps of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and die cut them using the coordinating dies from the bundle.  I colored them using the Stampin’ Blends Markers listed below.  I attached the little branches directly onto the flap and then raised up the bird and attached it to the flap using Dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment “thinking of you always” onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock with Copper Clay Ink and die cut it out using one of the dies from the Unbounded Love Dies (any die would work or you could fussy cut the sentiment or just stamp it onto a rectangle piece of cardstock).  To add some interest, I used the same die and cut a scrap of Copper Clay cardstock and then cut it in half and added it sticking out of the back of each side of the sentiment label.  I added this with Dimensionals being sure to only adhere it on the flap itself and not where it over hangs.  To finish off the card I added three of the coordinating Earth Tones Shimmer Gems and a bow created out of the Natural Tones Linen Thread, both of which are coordinating products.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

Happy Crafting!!!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment