Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Friday, September 20, 2024

LET IT SNOW

Today’s card features The Sophisticated Sled Bundle and the Season of Green & Gold Specialty Designer Series Paper.  I just loved this bundle as soon as I saw it on the online exclusives (for sale but not featured in any of the catalogs) and I knew I wanted to do lots of stuff with it.  Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  For the top layer I cut a piece of the Seasons of Green & Gold Specialty DSP (I chose the green and white checked one) to 4 x 5 ¼”.  I knew I wanted this card to have some cherry cobbler in it as well so I took my ruler and added lines of Cherry Cobbler using my Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend Marker (it made the DSP really pop). 

Next, I assembled the sled, to see which pieces I am talking about check the figure below) from the Sophisticated Sled Bundle.  I started by cutting all of my pieces, I cut image #2 out of Gold Foil, image #3 and image #8 out of Cherry Cobbler cardstock, image #9 out of Old Olive cardstock, image #6 out of Basic White cardstock and image #7 out of Silver Foil.  Then I stamped the image of the skates and bow from the coordinating stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White using Cherry Cobbler ink and cut it out using the die in image #5, once it was die cut I simply cut away the skates leaving just the bow and strings.  I assembled the sled by adding the die cut pieces from image #3 to the base (image #2) and then adding the die cut piece from image #9 to the top of the sled. 

With that all done I assembled my skates.  I added the laces to the skates (there is a little cut out that they slide into), and the silver pieces from image #7 onto the bottom of the skates to make the blades metallic.  Next, I attached the bow and string image to the skates and then popped that whole thing up on Dimensionals.  With the sled all together I added it to the front of the card using Dimensionals. 

To finish off the card I stamped the sentiment “LET IT Snow” from the bundle onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and die cut it using one of the little flag dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies.  I also die cut one of the smaller flags from Cherry Cobbler cardstock and cut it in half and added each half under each side of the sentiment for some extra interest and then added it to the card with Dimensionals.  I added one of the berry clusters from the Cherry Cobbler & Pearl Adhesive-Backed Berries to the center of the Old Olive foliage piece on the sled.

For the inside of the card and the envelope I stamped the image of a swag with berries and a bow from the bundle using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored it using the Dark Cherry Cobbler and Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend Markers.  I added the sentiment “I HOPE YOUR DAYS ARE FILLED WITH fun & laughter” from the bundle to the inside stamping it in Cherry Cobbler. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List
>

No comments:

Post a Comment