Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

BIRDS OF A FEATHER

Today’s card features the Nests of Winter Designer Series Paper.  What makes this paper pack special?  Well that would be the fact that two of the sheets have beautiful birds (a single and a pair) that coordinate beautifully with the Wintery Tree Top Dies.  I love it when I can make a quick card with little or no stamping or coloring because the DSP has that done for me.  I did also find these cute embellishments called Classic Mat Dots that coordinate great with the DSP and they are currently in the clearance rack for just $2.80 a pack so that was really nice. 

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Basic Gray cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I cut a layer out of the Nests of Winter Designer Series Paper that measured 4 x 5 ¼” (don’t you love that wood grain) and added it to my base.  Next, I stamped my sentiment from the Everyday Greetings Stamp Set (this set has some great basic sentiments that can be used all the time), I choose “Hello” and stamped it onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock with Pebbled Path Ink.  I die cut that out using one of the dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies (I use these all the time) added Dimensionals and centered it on the bottom of my card.  Then I die cut circles from that same die set, the largest in the set pit of Smoky Slate cardstock and the second largest out of Basic White cardstock.  I adhered them together and centered them on the top portion of my card.

For my final touches I die cut the pair of birds out of the Designer Series Paper using the Wintery Tree Tops dies that coordinate with the paper (so easy, no stamping or coloring) and added it to the center of my circles using both some Dimensionals and some Mini Dimensionals to pop up all the areas.  Then I added three of the gray dots from the Classic Mat Dots (which as I said before are on clearance for just $2.80 a pack).  I like the simplicity of this card and I do believe it would make a great masculine card.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment