Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Friday, September 27, 2024

GOLDEN GREENERY DRAWER CARD BOX

Today I am sharing a project that was created using the Seasons of Green & Gold Collection.  I just love this whole collection and this project was inspired by a Holloween card box that I saw Rachel Tessman create.  I thought I could fill these with some candy and give them to the caregivers who take such good care of my mother-in-law in the facility where she lives.  Here is what I came up with…



I began by creating the base and the drawer.  I cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock to 2 7/8 x 11” and scored it at ¾, 3 - 5/8, 4 - 3/8, 7 ¼ and 8 - 1/16”, this created my box base.   Then I cut another piece of Old Olive cardstock to 4 ¼ x 4 ¼” and scored it on all four sides at ¾”, this created my drawer.  To create the box base, I reinforced all my score lines and then added adhesive to the score line that measured ¾” and attached it by gluing tab A onto tab B to create a box (see below)

When it is attached it will open like a card (see below)


To create the drawer, I cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock to 4 ¼ x 4 ¼” and scored it at ¾” on all four sides and cut as shown below.  Reinforce all the score lines and attach the tabs as shown below. 


Now all I had to do was decorate my box.  I added a little metallic embellishment to the drawer to look like a pull (this one is a retired one but there are tons out there you can use (remember make it right for your box) and inserted the drawer into the box. 

Before I added a piece of the Seasons of Green & Gold Designer Series Paper that measured 2 ¾ x 2 5/8” to the top cover of my base I attached a little loop of the gold ribbon from the Gold and Silver 1/8” Trim Combo Pack to the right center of the DSP panel (see the photos at the top).  Then I die cut two of the pieces of the Graceful Greenery Vellum DSP using the coordinating dies from the Golden Greenery Dies.  I attached the pine bow directly onto the box and added the other foliage piece with some Mini Dimensionals.  To finish this off I added a gold bow that I created with some ribbon from my stash with a Mini Glue Dot.   

For the inside I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that measured 2 ¾ x 2 ¾” that I stamped with the sentiment “thank you” from the Everyday Greetings stamp set using Old Olive Ink. 

I hope you enjoy this project as much as I enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment