Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Monday, July 15, 2024

SPOTLIGHT ON THANKS

Today’s card features the Spotlight on Nature Bundle (I love these circle dies) and the Unbounded Love 12 x 12” Designer Series Paper (DSP).  I wanted this to be a simple thank you card and I really like how it worked out.

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Pool Party cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed it using the Eyelet 3D Embossing Folder (remember there are lots of beautiful embossing folders out there use the one that makes you happy) and layered that onto my card base.  Then I cut a piece of Petunia Pop cardstock to 2 x 5 ¼” and a piece of the Unbounded Love DSP (again, there are lots of DSP’s out there use what you have) to 1 ¾ x 5” and adhered it to the Petunia Pop cardstock.  I popped this layer up on the left front of my card about ¼” from the edge of my embossed layer.  Then I used the largest of the circle dies from the bundle and die cut it out of a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 ¼ x 4 ¼”. 

With that cut I started my stamping.  I stamped two of the leaf branches in Summer Splash Ink onto the lower part of my circle and one of the butterflies (both are from the bundle) toward the top using Petunia Pop Ink.  While that Petunia Pop Ink was still a little damp, I brushed all over my butterfly with Wink of Stella (while it is impossible to catch the glimmer on a camera, I can assure you this butterfly glimmers in real life).  I attached that to the front of my card with adhesive on the left and a couple Dimensionals where the right hung over the DSP layer.  I then grabbed a scrap of Basic White cardstock and stamped the sentiment “thanks” from the bundle onto it using Summer Splash Ink.  I die cut the sentiment using the Stylish Shapes Dies (I use these all the time but remember you can just cut a rectangle if you don’t have this die or use a die you do have).  I added some Petunia Pop Bordered Ribbon under the sentiment and adhered it to my card.  For the final touch I added three of the Tinsel Gems.

I simply stamped that same leaf image onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” for the inside and stamped it again on the envelope both times with Summer Splash Ink.  There you have it, a quick and simple thank you card. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/


Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment