Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

MEDITERRANEAN BLOOMS TREAT BOX

Today’s project is a cute little box that was created using the Citrus Blooms Bundle and the Mediterranean Blossoms Designer Series Paper (DSP)  I saw this box created by Laurens Scrap Lot and decided to give it a whirl with a few changes of my own.  I hope you enjoy it, I think it would make some great table gifts or maybe Christmas Stocking gifts with some different decorations. 

Here is what I came up with…


First, I started by cutting out die #1 (see the photo below) from the Citrus Bloom Bundle, I cut one out of the Mediterranean Blossoms DSP (I picked the little yellow and green flowered paper) and one out of Lemon Lolly cardstock.  I adhered the DSP one to the cardstock one (this makes it stronger but it also gave the inside of my box a little cleaner look rather than seeing the backside of the DSP.  I then scored this piece at 2 1/8” and 3”.  Cut a piece of ribbon (I used some retired ribbon from my stash but you can use anything you have that coordinates) to 18”.  I ran a piece of Tear & Tape down the inside center of the long side of the die cut piece leaving about ¼” free on each side.  I attached my ribbon to that tear and tape leaving equal lengths on each side (this will be used to tie the box shut).

 

Next it was time to create the box, I cut a piece of Lemon Lolly cardstock to 4 x 6 ¼” and scored it on the 4” side at ¾” and 3 ¼” and on the 6 ¼” side at ¾”, 2 ¾”, 3 ½” and 5 ½”.  See the diagrams below for scoring, cutting and assembly.  Once my box was complete, I place it inside my die cut piece (being sure to get it centered under the die cut piece) and adhered both the bottom and the top of the box.  Then I just tied it shut using my ribbon.



To decorate the top of my box I used die #3 from the bundle and cut it out of Old Olive cardstock and attached it to the top of my box.  I then cut my circle out of a scrap of Basic White cardstock using one of the beautiful circle dies (boy these have come in very useful recently) from the Spotlight On Nature Dies.  I stamped that with the sentiment “YOU’RE THE best kind OF person” using Old Olive Ink.  I popped this up on the center of my box using Dimensionals.  Then, I fussy cut one of the flowers out of the DSP and adhered it to the circle and added two of the Opal Rounds Assortment Embellishments. 

I was really happy with this little box and I am looking forward to making a bunch of them to gift to the staff at my Mother In Laws Assisted Living Facility as a thank you for all they do for her. 

I hope you enjoy this project I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this project and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment