Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Saturday, July 6, 2024

GRATITUDE (7-6-24)

Today’s card features some more of the Online Exclusive products, the Simply Zinnia Bundle and Flowing Zinnia Designer Series Paper (DSP).  This fold is called a “book binding fold” and it is really simple and very affective.

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Blackberry Bliss cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½” and 6 ¾”.   Make a regular card fold on the 5 ½” score line then fold back (valley fold) at the 6 ¾” score line.  To make my book binding I started by adhering the smaller side to the back of the inside of the card (now the opening for the card is just 4 1/4 x 4 ¼”.  Next, I cut a piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock to 1 x 4”, layered a piece of the DSP (I picked the purple cross hatched) that measured 7/8 x 3 7/8” on top of the cardstock.  I used a piece of retired ribbon (there are lots available to purchase that would work great or maybe like me you have some in your stash you would like to use) and wrapped it around the DSP and cardstock layer and tied a bow.  With that done I adhered it to the front of the card on my binding. 

For the 4 ¼ x 4 ¼” side I cut a piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock to 4 x 4” and a piece of the DSP (I chose to use the one with little zinnia’s all over it) to 3 7/8 x 3 7/8” and attached it to the cardstock and then attached that whole panel to the card front.  Using some scrap Basic White card stock, I stamped two of the zinnia’s and two of the double leaves from the stamp set using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I colored then using the blends listed below (I did cut one of the leaves apart as I thought an uneven number looked best.  After using the coordinating dies in the bundle to cut the flowers and leaves out I adhered all four using Dimensionals.  I stamped my sentiment “words fail to express my GRATITUDE” onto a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock that measured ¾ x 3 5/8” using VersaMark Ink and then embossed it with White Embossing Powder.  I attached that to a piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock that measured 7/8 x 3 7/8” and then popped that up with Dimensionals.  That competed the front of my card.

For the inside I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 4” and stamped the bunch of zinnias from the stamp set onto the bottom corner using Berry Bushell ink, I did the same thing on the envelope.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/


Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment