Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, November 7, 2013


For Christmas this year my mother-in-law requested a box of handmade cards.  She did have an additional request that they be simple and without a lot of embellishments and three dimensional items (seems she was not happy with paying from $.66 to over a $1.00 to mail some of the ones I had previously given her).  So I embarked on the journey today to do simple (very hard for me).  But here are some of the ones I came up with.  These embossed ones were very simple, just used my Cuttlebug and some embossing folders.  Cut the white cardstock to 4 ½ x 6 ½” and ran it through the embossing folder from the top to about 1 ½” then took it out and moved the folder to the bottom (leaving about a 1 ½” area that was not embossed) and embossed.  I then took this white cardstock out and put it upside down on my score-pal (you can see where it is embossed and where it is not) and drew a nice crisp line at the top and bottom of the un-embossed area.  Then I stamped the message I had selected.  Added ribbon and twine and mounted and there you go, nice simple, clean cards that will mail off fine with a first class stamp.


 
 
Will work on more tomorrow.  Have a great day and keep on crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment