Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Special Card

I was asked by a dear friend to make some cards that she could use to send to family to explain her husbands impending deployment.  She wanted them to be something patriotic but not over the top.  She is going to include a letter that explains where he is going, how to write to him, what family and friends can mail to him, etc.  I thought it was a great idea.  After some hit and miss on the designs I hit on just what she wanted and here it is...



So this card was created using the Close to my Heart Artbooking cartridge and some retired Close to my Heart stamps of stars (you could just as easily use patterned paper or another background stamp).  Here is the recipe for this card...

Stars(page 74 or Explore code M3E9BD)  the yellow ribbon (page 64 or Explore code M3E742) were all cut from the Artbooking Cartridge (Z1906).  Cut Ruby stars at 1 1/2 and 1",  cut Oudoor Denim stars at 2 and 1 1/2", cut Desert Sand star at 2" and cut Colonial White star at 1 1/2".  The Honey ribbon is cut at 2".  I started by distressing my Colonial White card base with Desert Sand ink and then cut a piece of Ruby cardstock to 2 3/4 x 4 1/4" and distressed it with Ruby ink.  I added a strip of Outdoor Denim cardstock that was 4 1/4 x 3/4" that I used a scalloped border punch on to the back of the Ruby.  Next I took some string I had in my stash and wrapped the Ruby cardstock three time and tied into a knot,  I then used score tape to adhere this part to the card base (because of the string) so it would stay in place nicely.  I cut a strip of Desert Sand cardstock 3/4" wide and about 7" long which I also distressed using Desert Sand ink.  I ran it through this thing I have (no idea what it is called) that I bought years ago that makes cardstock into corrugated paper (it is made by Fiskers) so I could add some additional depth to the card.  I used score tape and slid this strip under the string and let it hang off both sides and just trimmed the excess.  Finally, I added the ribbon to the right (I curled it a little with the bone folder) distressed it with the Desert Sand ink as well and used a 3-D foam tape under it to add interest.  I also used 3-D foam tape under each of the top stars and placed them on the card as shown in the picture.  

Below is a picture of the card without the ribbon, I think I may turn this one into a male birthday card (we card makers all know how hard it is to make a card for men).  All the supplies to make this card are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking on the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Below is a list of all the supplies I used.  Happy Crafting!!!



Papers: Colonial White (1388), Ruby (X5927), Outdoor Denim (1275) and Desert Sand (1273)

Inks: Ruby (Z2170), Outdoor Denim (Z2140), Bamboo (Z2103) and Desert Sand (Z2118) you would only need the Desert Sand if you were not stamping the stars

3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)

Cricut Artbooking Collection (Z1906)

No comments:

Post a Comment