Featured Post

FUN WITH TEMPLATES

Today’s card features the Fern & Flora Bundle and the Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper.  I fell in love with this suite the first tim...

Friday, September 5, 2025

GALLERY BLOOMS BOOK BINDING CARD

Today’s card features the Gallery Blooms Bundle and Beautiful Gallery Designer Series Paper.  This card is a book binding card, which is where you score the left side of the card and adhere it to the back of the card so it opens up like a book.  I wanted to show this beautiful paper using a little different style than I normally go with and this is what I came up with…

The card base is Secret Sea cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 4 ¼ and 5 ½”.  I folded the card like normal at the 5 ½’ score line but then I folded it into a mountain fold (so it opens out) at the 4 ¼” score line.  I adhered the 1 ¼” piece to the back of the card.  I cut a piece of Cloud Cover cardstock to 1 x 4” and a piece of the DSP to ¾ x 3 ¾” and wrapped a piece of the ¼” White Ribbon around it and tied a bow in the center.  With that all done I added it to the left side of the card.  Next, I cut a piece of Cloud Cover cardstock to 4 x 4” and a piece of the DSP to 3 ¾ x 3 ¾” and adhered them to one another and then adhered that to the right side of the card.  I stamped the sentiment “Happy Birthday” onto a scrap of Cloud Cover cardstock that measured ½ x 2 ¼” in Secret Sea Ink, this stamp is from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set which is now retired.  I say all the time that we all have those sets, especially sentiment sets that are our go to stamps and that is great, use what you have and you love).  I added the sentiment to the front of the card with Mini Dimensionals.  I die cut three of the flowers from the Gallery Blooms dies out of scraps of Cloud Cover cardstock and tucked them down behind my sentiment (I cut a little off each of them to get the look I wanted).  Finally, I added three of the 25-27 In Color Flat Rounds to the card. 

For the inside of my card I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 4” and stamped one of the little flowers from the Gallery Blooms Bundle onto it using Secret Sea Ink.  I wanted to add just a little touch of additional color to the flowers so I used my Cloud Cover Stampin’ Write Marker (part of the 25-27 In Color Collection) to add just a touch of color along the edges. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment