Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Friday, August 23, 2024

COUNTRY WOODS BIRTHDAY

Today’s card features the Country Woods Designer Series Paper and the Grassy Groves Stamps and Dies.  It seems like many people struggle with masculine cards but they are one of my favorite to work with.  I wanted to create a simple card that really featured this beautiful new Designer Series Paper. 

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Crumb Cake cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of the Designer Series Paper (I picked this cute striped one that looks like distressed wood planks) that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  I used my largest circle from the Stylish Shapes Dies (man I use these all the time) and cut out a circle from another piece of the DSP that looks like a piece of wood.  I stamped one set of the trees from the Grassy Grove Stamp Set onto the left side of the circle using Early Espresso Ink.  I then stamped the deer from the set onto a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock and cut it out with the coordinating die.  I added the deer with Dimensionals and then added the circle to the front center left of the card.  I stamped the sentiment “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” from the Translucent Florals stamp set onto a scrap of Pool Party cardstock and die cut that with another of the dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies (NOTE: I happened to like the font on this sentiment and that is why I choose to use it but any sentiment from any stamp set would work and if you use another die or simply cut out a rectangle it would work just fine, remember use what you have and what you love).  I added Dimensionals to the back of this piece and tucked it under the side of the circle.  To finish off the front I made a triple bow out of Linen Thread and attached it using a Mini Glue Dot. 

For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped another set of trees from the Grassy Grove Stamp Set onto it and my envelope with Early Espresso Ink.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment