Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Monday, August 26, 2024

COUNTRY BIRDHOUSE TREAT HOLDER

Today’s project uses the Country Birdhouse bundle to create a cute little treat holder (holds one Ferrero Rocher).  I saw a post where someone had done this and I decided I could figure it out.  I am thinking about making a bunch of these for Christmas (I like to treat the 10 ladies who eat meals at the table with my MIL in her assisted living facility each holiday with something for each place setting and these would be perfect).   

Here is what I came up with…

From the front

From the top

I started with a two pieces of Cherry Cobbler cardstock that measured 3 ½ x 4” and I die cut two of the birdhouse bases #1 (see figure #1 below) out of them.  Next, I die cut two of the #2 pieces out of Cherry Cobbler, two of the #3 pieces out of Old Olive cardstock and two each of the #4 and #5 pieces out of Pecan Pie.  I took the #4 and #5 pieces and embossed them using the Timber 3D Embossing Folder (I like the wood look it gave me). 

I started by adding the #5 pieces onto the bottom of the cherry cobbler birdhouse bases and the #4 pieces to the top of the birdhouse bases.  Then I added the two #3 pieces snugging them right up to the #4 pieces.  With that done I added the two #2 pieces right on the very top of the #3 pieces.  This finishes the basic birdhouse and I added nothing else to the birdhouse base I was using for the back.

To decorate the front of the birdhouse I die cut two each of the #19, #20, #21 and #22 pieces from Cherry Cobbler cardstock and took the coordinating smaller ones and added them to the center of the larger one offsetting the petals.  I also die cut 2 each of the #15 and #13 leaves from Old Olive cardstock.  I added the four flowers and the four sets of leaves to the base on the front of my birdhouse and then just added four little Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the center of each to finish them off. 

I wanted the hole for the birdhouse to have a little extra character so I die cut the smallest stitched circle from the Stylish Shapes Dies (you could simply use die #8 from the bundle) out of Basic Black cardstock and attached it to my birdhouse.  I stamped my bird from the stamp set it the bundle onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored it using the Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie Stampin’ Blends (I added the black to make it look like a cardinal since I think they scream Christmas).  I die cut it using die #9 and added this to the front of my birdhouse using some Mini Dimensionals.  For the final addition I die cut #8 out of Pecan Pie cardstock and placed it under the bird’s feet so it looked like he was perched on it.

For the treat portion of the project, I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock to 3 ½ x 3 ½” and scored it at 1” on all four sides to create the box as shown in figure #2 below, once that was done, I cut as shown in figure #3 below.  Now I reinforced the score lines and folded the tabs inside to create a box.  I adhered the box centered at the bottom of the back side of each side of the birdhouses I created and added a Ferrero Rocher to complete the project.  (I did a little experimenting as well and found that I could punch a small hole through the top peak of each birdhouse and tie a piece of Linen Thread to it to create a Christmas Ornament.)

Figure #1

Figure #2

Figure #3

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment