Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Monday, August 19, 2024

COUNTRY BIRDHOUSE BIRTHDAY

Today’s card features the Country Birdhouse Bundle and Country Lace 12 x 12” Designer Series paper.  I loved the simplicity of this beautiful DSP and wanted to use it to create something a little different.  I saw a card made by Creativetreehouse that used this paper with the Country Birdhouse Bundle and I knew it was perfect.

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Smokey Slate cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a layer of Pretty Pink that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and to that I added a layer of the DSP that measured 3 7/8 x 5 1/8” (set this aside without attaching to the card base).  With that base all prepared I went to work on building my birdhouse.  I cut the body of the house out using Die #1 (see below) from a piece of the DSP that measure 4 x 3 ½” (be sure to be aware of directional paper so you cut it going in the direction you want).  Then I die cut pieces #4 and #5 out of scraps of Night of Navy cardstock.  I then took those two pieces and embossed them with the Timber 3D Embossing Folder (I loved that look of woodgrain on them).  I die cut Pieces #2 and #7 out of Pretty In Pink cardstock and piece #3 out of Pool Party cardstock.  I stamped piece #3 with one of the coordinating stamps from the bundle using Night of Navy Ink (it gives this part of the roof a little decorative design).  Next, I die cut 2 each of #19 and #22 and 2 each of #20 and #21 out of scraps of Pretty In Pink cardstock and 2 each of #15 and 2 each of #12 out of scraps of Granny Apple Green cardstock.  I put my flowers together using the smaller ones as centers and offsetting the petals.  I added Iridescent Pearls Basic Jewels to the center of each one. 

Now it is time to build the birdhouse.  Attach piece #4 to the top of the birdhouse base, next add piece #3 directly below that (the pieces should line right up), and finally add piece #2 right over the top of piece #3.  That’s it the house is built!  I put Dimensionals on the back of the birdhouse and centered that on my layer of Pretty In Pink and the DSP towards the top of the card (about 3/8” from the top) and attached it.  I added piece #7 and wrapped the excess across the top of the layer and adhered it.  Now I could go ahead and finish building the rest of the card.  I attached my flowers and leaves as shown in the photo (NOTE: one flower and one leaf were reserved for the inside of the card).  I stamped the sentiment “happy birthday” onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 3/8 x 2 ½” using Night of Navy Ink and attached that to a piece of Night of Navy cardstock that measured ½ x 2 5/8” and then using Dimensionals popped that up on the center bottom of the card. For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and attached the reserved flower and leaf. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment