Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Inspired

I just returned from the Close to My Heart Convention in Disneyland and I had a blast.  This was my first convention so everything was new and exciting.  I do have to say though one of the most exciting things I did while I was there was to participate in a card swap with other Close to My Heart Consultants.  My word, are there some really talented ladies out there.  However, there was one card that really hit my fancy and I came home and just had to figure out how to make it.  I want to be sure though to give full credit to the designer of this beautiful card, Veta Evans.

Here is my take on the card (I made a few small changes but nothing to big because it was already beautiful:


Ok so how is it made, well start with a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” colonial white card base. 
Then I began to assemble my pinwheels (I found that if I cut and mounted the pattered paper onto the colonial white card stock before gluing the pinwheels they had more stability and were easier to assemble).  So I cut three each colonial white card stock to 1 ½ x 1 ½” square and did the same with three each of the patterned papers, I used balloon ride from Close to My Heart here (I do like that the CTMH papers are two sided and coordinating which makes them perfect for a project like this one and any of the papers would look great as a pinwheel).  I cut the patterned piece as shown below (cut diagonally from the corners without cutting through).


I then put a dot of liquid glass (the most amazing adhesive I have ever used) in the center and brought each of the corners to the center as shown to create the pinwheel and topped each with a little bling.  These pinwheel squares were then mounted onto a double mat (I used the same paper I used on the pinwheels and just alternated the sides showing) they were cut to 2 x 5 ¼” and 1 7/8” x 5 1/8”.  I then cut off about ½” of the bottom front of the card and placed a strip of coordinating paper that was ¾ x 5 ½” on the inside of the card as an accent.  Finally I stamped the card with sentiment from the Joyful Birthday stamp set (B1419) using the new Glacier ink being debuted on August 1st as part of the new Close to My Hearts Annual Inspirations Idea Book (contact me to see how you can earn a free copy of this $6 – 193 page, 8 ½ x 11” inspiration and idea book).

For supplies for this project and more visit my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or click on the shopping cart at the beginning of this blog.  Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment