Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Skylark

I really like the Close to My Heart Skylark paper so I decided to make one more project with it before it is no longer available (available until July 31, 2014).  



I started with kraft paper as my mats for the first of 2 -two page 12” x 12” layouts.

Cut:

Skylark B&T to 7 x 8”, 5 x 12”, 3 x 8”, 5 x 8” and 3 ½ x 3 ½”  (remove the zip strip (this is the little accent piece that is printed on one side of the paper it will be used as an accent on the project)

Lagoon cardstock to 6 ½ x 7 ½”, 3 x 8”, 1 ½ x 12” and 3 ½ x 3 ½” (3 ea)

White cardstock to 3 ½ x 5”

I like to ink the edges of my projects so I did that on all of the mats I used, I used chocolate ink to do that on the skylark pieces and zip strips and lagoon ink on all the lagoon cardstock pieces.  Then I assembled as the picture shows.  I added some stamped images and sentiments along with some twist ties and three dimensional pieces that coordinate with the paper.  For that final bit of pop I used teal shimmer trim to really set off the page.  I am very happy with the outcome.

So I decided to add another paper pack to the mix and use the leftover items from the Skylark Workshop on the Go and see what I could create.  



For this layout I turned to Close to My Hearts wonderful Make It From Your Heart Vol 2 book, it has some awesome layouts in it.  I decided to use the one on page 32.  I did modify the photo mats from 3 ½ x 5” to 3 ½ x 5 ½” to allow for the use of 3 x 5” photos without the need to crop any of them.    

Supplies Used:

I used the Skylark Workshop on the Go G1072, it included the Skylark paper pack, the White Daisy Cardstock, 3-D assortment, twist ties and stamp set D1591 that I used to make these projects (this makes the project much more affordable

Additional supplies – I added an additional Skylark paper packet X7177B, stamp set C1574 Believe in Yourself along with the following inks  – Z2195 Lagoon, Z2111 Chocolate, Z2153 Sweet Leaf and finally 9042 the Make it from Your Heart Volume 2 book which I turn to for inspiration often 


All the supplies listed here can be purchased at my website  www.craftwithronnie.ctmh  or by clicking on the shopping cart at the start of this blog.  Happy crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment