Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Drape Techniques

I wanted to show case a technique rather than just papers and stamp sets so I have decided to play around with some retired Close to My Heart papers.  I just want you to check out the ideas and then look at my website and see which paper and stamp sets you would love to use on one of these projects.  



The drape is actually pretty easy to make once you do it one time.  I used a couple of retired papers to make these you could use any of the Close to My Heart papers since they are all two sided which makes them perfect for this technique.  

I watched several YouTube videos and found several different cutting sizes but this is what worked best for me.  So here is how it is done, make a base card that is an A-2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2), both of mine are done horizontally so I could showcase as much of the fold as possible.  Next select the paper you want to use for your "drape" and cut it to 11 1/2 x 4" and score at 3, 4, 6, 7, 9 and 10".  Measure up the right side of your paper and mark at 1 1/2" from the top.  Now place your paper on your trimmer (or if you are really good you can use scissors, that would not be me, LOL) on a diagonal and cut from that first score line at three inches up to the mark you made on the other end at 1 1/2".  Now fold, starting at the left, valley fold, mountain fold, valley fold, mountain fold until you have your drape complete.  I found a little adhesive behind each fold made it a whole lot easier for me to mount this on my card base.  As you can see I added a little trim at the top (you could use ribbon) for the floral one I used what we Close to My Heart consultants refer to as a zip strip (each B&T paper comes with a cute coordinating 1/2 x 12" strip which works great for these kind of applications), on the Balloon one I just used a 1/2" strip of the strip from the other side of the paper that matched the revealed paper in the drape.  

The Happy Birthdays are stamped from a stamp set called Holiday Tags (D1560) which I love because it has lots of different holiday greetings and it also includes frames for the sentiments that can be cut out using the CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge or can be hand cut.  This one is retiring soon so if you are interested don't wait to long.

Now for the embellishments, the balloons were cut from coordinating colors of cardstock using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (Z1686) and I cut them at 1 1/4" and then wrapped them with thin bakers twine and tied them all together.

The roses (I love these and use them on gift bags, tags and boxes all the time) were cut using the CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge (Z1790).  I cut two white ones and then inked them for a neat affect. This cartridge is full of awesome 3-D items, I use it to make boxes and little purses and other items all the time.  

I hope you enjoyed these projects, remember you can get supplies to make these for yourself by visiting my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking on the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Happy Crafting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment