Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Post It Note and Pen Folder


This cute little folder to hold 3x3" post-it-notes and a mini pen is simple to make.  It makes a great little gift idea and can even be made using masculine papers for the men in your life.



Start with a piece of card stock that measures 3 1/4 x 9".  Score at 3 1/8", 3 1/2", 3 7/8", 7 3/8" and 7 7/8".


 Fold at the 3 1/2" score line as shown above


Come down about 1/2" and cut to the 3 7/8" score line then come down another 1/2" and cut another line to the 3 7/8" line (this will be the pocket your pen sets in)




Now fold the score lines at 3 1/8" and 3 7/8".  Leave the piece for the pen out but glue or tape (I used score tape) the remainder of the piece that is the 3 1/8" score line down.


Insert a 3 x 3" post-it-note pad into the folder and fold the other ends as shown.  (I used score tape here as well to hold my post it note pad in place.


This is what it looks like all folded up.


Now here is the finished product (note this is the same background and texture paper I used on the one at the top of this post I just used the other side for a different look).  The patterned paper is from the Close to My Heart Balloon Ride paper pack.  I used Close to My Heart Hook & Loop Dots to hold my folder closed and add a decorative embellishment to give it a finished look.  All the Close to My Heart products used here can be purchased by visiting my shopping cart at the top of this blog or visiting my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com

Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment