Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, October 17, 2016

Nothing says Christmas like a Poinsettia right?

I just love the holidays, all the beautiful decorations and sparkle but one of my favorite things to decorate with is Poinsettia's, to me they just say Christmas.  I not only love to use them in my holiday decor I also use them in a lot of my holiday crafting to include cards and tags.  I especially like this card because of that.  I used the new Close to My Heart Flower Market Cartridge to make this Poinsettia.  I did however alter it a little, the one on the cartridge is much more three dimensional (beautiful but hard to use on the front of a card) so I used one of the pieces and simply cut it in different sizes and layered it for a nice affect.  I did shape the flower petals and leaves a little with my flower shaping tool just to give them a little more depth.  Here is the finished project...


I started by making an A2 card base by cutting a piece of craft paper to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" and then folding it into a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card.  I added a piece of the birch bark paper from the Oh Deer paper packet that measures 4 x 5 1/4".  I then put my flower together (in this picture I had put in a bitty sparkle in the center but ended up removing it because it was too small and adding in a 4 mm sparkle instead.  As I said previously I cut the flower from the Close to My Heart Flower Market cartridge.  I cut one set of petals from Fern cardstock that measure 2 1/4", one set of petals from Cranberry cardstock at each 2 1/4", 2" and 1 3/4" (just shape a little bit and stack together).  I stamped Merry Christmas in the top right corner and added a strip of bronze glitter paper that is 1 x 4" and a strip of the star patterned paper from the Oh Deer paper packet that is 3/4 x 4".  

I hope you enjoy this card.  I have listed all the supplies at the bottom of this blog and most can be purchased on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Happy Crafting!!!

Supply List:  
Papers:  Oh Deer Paper Packet (X7214B) 
Cardstock: Craft (Z1375), Cranberry (1272), Fern (X5777)
Misc:  Clear Sparkles (Z3274)
Merry Christmas Stamp Set (M1148)
(Bronze glitter paper is from my stash but CTMH does have other colors available)

No comments:

Post a Comment