Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Just having fun

I had some of the National Scrapbook months special “Free to Be Me” paper left so I decided to make a couple cards.   I found several different cards on Pinterest that I used for inspiration and off I went.  Now while the cards were made with this paper they could be recreated with any of our beautiful Close to My Heart Papers.  The great thing about the paper packets is that you receive two each of three different two sided papers and six additional sheets of coordinating card stock.  So the possibilities are just endless.  So here are the cards and the instructions for making them.


This first card started with a base card that measured 4 ¼ x 5 ½”, there is a background mat cut from the red paper at 4 x 5 ¼”, and then the orange paper and the vellum paper were each cut to 1 5/8 x 3 ¾” (a hint with vellum, your adhesive may show through so with this vellum I made sure to use my liquid glass on the back side of the gold dots so it would not show).  The red sentiment mat was cut to 1 ½ x 3 ½” and the daisy white card stock was cut to 1 ¼ x 3 ¼” and stamped with a sentiment and flower from the stamp set Have a Happy Day (D1616) with autumn terracotta ink.  I also colored one of the 5mm clear sparkles to match the card and adhered it to the center of the flower.


The next card I kept kind of simple (I was thinking that helped it look more masculine).  I started with a card base that was 4 ¼ x 5 ½” I added a strip of green that measured 1 ½ x 5 ½”, a strip of red that measured ½ x 5 ½”, and the feather paper that measured 2 ¼ x 5 ½”.  I then cut an orange mat for my sentiment that measured 1 ½ x 3 ¾” and added the daisy white cardstock cut to 1 ¼ x 3 ½” and stamped using the stamp set Joyful Birthday (B1419) with cranberry ink.

Check out my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or click on the shopping cart at the beginning of this blog to find great resources and supplies to recreate these cards.  


No comments:

Post a Comment