Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Friday, February 28, 2014

Damask Divas Lollydoodle Blog Hop

If you came from  Hillary Harris's blog at http://heartforhandmade.blogspot.com/2014/02/damask-divas-march-lollydoodle-hop.html you are in the right place.  If you have jumped here and just discovered our blog hop, feel free to check the list at Damask Divas blog to find the complete list of blog hop participants.  This months challenge was to create using the Lollydoodle paper pack.  I chose to make a pack of cards to give as a gift to a friend.  I created four fun cards using less than one sheet of B&T paper and only two sheets of card stock and here they are:



This card was created using  Cotton Candy card stock as the card base, it was cut to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" and folded to create a card that is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2".  A piece of the B&T paper from the Lollydoodle paper pack was cut to 3 x 4" and adhered.  I then cut a piece of Daisy White card stock to 3 x 3" and stamped it with Fabulous You stamp set and colored it in using markers.  I then mounted that onto a piece of Pear card stock cut to 3 1/2 x 3 1/4" and mounted that to the card using 3-D foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of Cotton Candy Card stock measuring 1 1/4 x 3" and the sentiment is from the Fabulous You Seasons & Nature stamp set, it was also adhered to the card using 3-D foam tape to give the card dimension.


The base of card two was made exactly the same as card one using Pear card stock.  I then took a piece of the Cotton Candy card stock that measured 3 1/2 x 4" and embossed it using the Quatrefoil embossing folder (gives the card extra dimension) and adhered it to the card base.  I added a piece of the Lollydoodle B&T paper that measures 1 1/2 x 4".  I stamped the sentiment using the A True Thank You Occasions stamp (great for beginners) onto a piece of Daisy White card stock measuring 2 1/4 x 1 3/4" and colored it in using markers.  I rounded the corners using a corner rounder and mounted it to a piece of Pear cardstock that measured 2 3/4 x 2 1/4" and rounded those corners as well.  I mounted this onto the card using 3-D foam tape.
 This card was made using the same basic pattern as the previous card.  The difference is that I made the base from Cotton Candy and Used Pear card stock to make the embossed section.  This card uses the Chevron embossing folder and the sentiment is stamped using the Heartfelt Birthday Wish Occasions stamp.


The final card is made using the same basic instructions as cards 2 and 3.  Here I used the Dot embossing folder and stamped a sentiment (with cotton candy ink) from the Give a Lift stamp set onto a piece of Pear card stock that  measured 1 x 3 3/4".  Again I used 3-D foam tape to lift the balloons and sentiment and add additional dimension to the card.

Supplies Used:
Close to My Heart Inks in black (Z2105) and Cotton Candy (Z2193)
Close to My Heart Lollydoodle Paper Packet (X7183B)
Close to My Heart Fabulous You Seasons and Nature Stamp Set (C1533)
Close to My Heart Give a Lift Everyday Life Stamp Set (D1581)
Close to My Heart A True Thank You Occasions Stamp (M1029)
Close to My Heart Heartfelt Birthday Wish Occasions Stamp (M1033)
Close to My Heart Balloons Occasions Stamp (M1037)
Close to My Heart 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
Close to My Heart Corner Rounder (Z1912)

Please visit me at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or click on the shopping cart above for these and many more wonderful Close to My Heart products.  Happy crafting!!

The next blog on the list is Cydney Fowler's at http://cydneyfowlercreations.me/2014/02/28/damask-divas-blog-hop-featuring-lollydoodle     Hope you have a great time on our hop and checking out all the creations using Lollydoodle.  If you get lost just pop over to: www.DamaskDivas.com/LollydoodleBlogHop



10 comments:

  1. So many vibrant looks! Love these "eye catching" cards! Nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Traci, I fell in love with this paper for card making, You are right the colors are eye catching which makes it great for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun collection of cards, Ronnie! Your coloring is spot on to match! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love how you colored the stamping to match the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a joyful set of cards! Love them all but my personal favs are the birthday card with chevron emboss and the balloons with the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, Ronnie! I love the way you used the embossing folders and M stamps. You have inspired me to get my new embossing folders out of the packaging! :)

    ReplyDelete

  7. Thanks ladies, I loved making these cards, simple but yet exciting. Happy Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  8. emboss is boss! oh how I love your cards! soooo cheerful!

    ReplyDelete