Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, August 8, 2016

Whimsey Fundamentals meet Flower Market

A few days ago I showed everyone some of the beautiful flowers I had made using the new Flower Market Cricut Cartridge Collection from Close to My Heart.  I was especially pleased with how this daisy turned out and wanted to make sure I found the perfect project to use it on.


I think you can catch that I used the new Shimmer brush on it to add some beautiful sparkle to the flower.  It almost reminds me of the morning dew.  Well I decided I wanted to make a card and use this daisy as my focal point, so here is how that worked out.  


Cut: Glacier Cardstock to 8 1/2 x 5" and score and fold to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 A-2 size card, cut second piece at 1 x 5 1/2".  Cut Whimsey Fundamentals (you chose the two you want to use) to 2 x 5 1/2" each.  Cut White Daisy 2 1/2 x 3/4" for sentiment and the remainder of the sheet can be used to cut out the Daisy from the Flower Market Cricut Cartridge.  The center of the flower can be cut from a scrap of Canary Cardstock or you could cut it using the White Daisy and ink it or you could use bling (your choice).  The leaf was cut from the cartridge as well from Fern cardstock.  

I used a shaping tool (I found mine at Walmart) and shaped my flower petals and leaf to give them a more realistic look.  I also inked my leaf a little using fern ink just to add some depth.  I then layered the flower using the glue pen.  I did brush the daisy with the Shimmer Brush after I assembled it but before I added it to the card using several glue dots.  Finally I stamped my sentiment and added it.

I have listed all the supplies I used below and as always they and other products you see here can be purchased at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking on the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:  
Cardstock:  Glacier (X5770), White Daisy (1385), Scrap of Canary (X5772), Fern (X5777 but two sheets of this color does come with the Flower Market Cartridge)
Whimsey Fundamentals (Z3255)
Flower Market Cricut Cartridge and coordinating Sending Smiles stamp set that comes with the cartridge (Z3285 for physical cartridge and Z3290 for the digital cartridge / both include 3 stamp sets and a package of cardstock)
Misc.:  Glacier Ink (Z2641), Fern ink ( Z2850), Glue Pen (Z553), Glue Dots (1772) and Shimmer Brush - Clear (Z3293)

No comments:

Post a Comment