Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Father's Day or Masculine Birthday Card

I always struggle with masculine cards so I am really trying to create more of them so I become more at ease when making them.  Here are a couple I did, first I was planning for Father's Day and then I realized this card would also be great for a birthday so here they are:




And here is how they are made:

Cut Kraft cardstock to 9x6” and fold in half to make a card that measures 4 ½ x 6”.  

Cut Timberline paper to 4 ½ x 6” and stamp with the tools from the You’re the Best stamp set alternating with Cocoa and Chocolate ink and mount to front of card.

Cut Balloon Ride paper to 1 x 4 ¼” and stamp with sentiment of choice (I made one with You’re the Best and one with Joyful Birthday) using Twilight ink, then dove tail paper.

Cut Twilight cardstock to 1 ¾ x 4” and mount sentiment stamped on Balloon Ride paper to it.  Wrap twine around this a few times and tie.  Add a Durable Triangle Stud and then mount this whole piece onto the front of the card using 3-D Foam Tape

Supplies Used:
Timberline Paper Packet (X7182B) (this included the B&T and the Twilight cardstock used in the project, also the base of the card could be made using the Chocolate cardstock included in this paper pack)
Balloon Ride Paper Packet (X7180B)
Craft Cardstock (Z1375) and Twilight Cardstock (X5666)
Cocoa Ink (Z2114), Chocolate Ink (Z2111), Twilight Ink (Z2160)
You’re the Best Stamp Set (C1571)
Durables Triangle Studs (Z1928)
3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
Baker’s Twine – Neutral Metallic Asst.  (Z1921)

No comments:

Post a Comment