I am one of those lucky people who get to do what they love and love what they do. I’m here to be your creative coach, give you fun ideas for lots of different projects, and of course, teach you about fantastic stamping products from Stampin' Up! ®. Feel free to head over to my YouTube channel: craftwithronnie@ronniejohnsonstampinup or visit my website: https://www.stampinup.com/?demoid=2206796
Featured Post
FUN WITH TEMPLATES
Today’s card features the Fern & Flora Bundle and the Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper. I fell in love with this suite the first tim...
Thursday, October 24, 2013
As I prepare my holiday cards I am becoming obsessed with the gatefold card. They are easier than you might think. (See the photo below)
Select the cardstock you wish to use for the base of your card (here I selected a nice Christmas red) and cut it to 8 x 5 1/2". I then used my Scor-Pal and scored and folded the card at 2 and 6". This gives you the basic gatefold card.
Next I selected the first layer for my gates (a nice Christmas green here) I cut 4 each at 1 3/4 x 5 1/4" I also cut a piece of the green at 4 1/4 x 5 1/4" for the inside of the card.
Now the fun, select the pattern paper you want to use on the project and cut 4 each at 1 1/2 x 5".
I then selected the embellishment I wanted to use and the sentiment. I started with the fact they needed to be no larger than 4" wide but other than that it was pretty open. I started by stamping my sentiment on a piece of cardstock that was 3 5/8 x 1 1/4 which I then layered onto a piece of green that was 3 1/2 x 1 7/16 which I then placed on red cardstock that was 3 3/4 x 1 3/4 (the key here is to make sure both the embellishment and the sentiment are the same width and look good on the card, the rest of it can be eyeballed). For the embellishment I selected one I had in my stash and started to build. I started with red card stock that was 3 3/4 x 2 1/4" layered on silver cardstock that was 3 10/16 x 2". Now just assemble (for the verse inside I printed one from the computer on a nice coordinating paper that was 4 x 5 1/2") just start layering the project and adhering everything together, the embellishment stack and the sentiment stack should be adhered last. First glue only the left half of the embellishment to the left side gate, now glue only the right side of the sentiment to the right gate (this allows the gates to be opened and the sentiment on the inside to be read). And here is the finished project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Hello to all my blog followers. I will be signing off for two weeks to attend my sons wedding in California. I hope to return with wonderf...
-
Today’s card features the new Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper and the new Fern & Flora Bundle. I knew when I saw this suite of pro...
-
I am continuing on with my Christmas cards. Today I worked with the Poinsettia Petals Bundle and Gold Foil and I am really pleased with th...
-
Today’s cards feature the Luxe Foliage Specialty Designer Series Paper which is a product of the month. That means you can purchase this pa...
-
Today’s card features the Scenic Coast Specialty Designer Series Paper along with the Sunset Coast Dies, Everyday Arches Dies and the Banner...
-
Today’s card features the Fern & Flora Bundle and the Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper. I fell in love with this suite the first tim...
-
Today’s card features the new Prairie Grass stamp set and the Textured Notes Dies. I also used some Thoughtful Journey Designer Series Pap...
-
Today’s card is a take off of a card I previously shared on here. It features the Scenic Coast Specialty Designer Series Paper along with t...
-
This is my very first blog hop and I am so excited to be a part of it. If you came from Jamie Blades http://creativern.blogspot.com/2014/0...
-
Today I want to share a new product with you. Beginning July 11th Stampin’ Up! will be offering a Hot Foil System and let me tell you it ...

No comments:
Post a Comment