Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

CTMH's Fab Five New Colors

I really wanted to make a card that highlighted the five new colors just introduced in the new Annual Inspirations Idea Book on August 1st.  I also wanted to play with the new embossing folder I just received so I decided to roll it all into one project.  Well I started by embossing and then trying to stamp (did not like the effect) but I found I really liked the effect if I stamped first and then embossed.  So here is the card:






Here is how it was made:

Begin by making the base card from daisy white card stock cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" and folded it into a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card base.  Attach a piece of glacier card stock (one of the five new colors) that is cut to 4 x 5 1/4".  Now cut a piece of daisy white card stock to 3 3/4 x 5", stamp it using the stamps from the Lifetime of Happiness stamp set and using all five of the new colors of ink (glacier, pixie, thistle, canary and flaxen).  I then ran placed it inside the damask embossing folder and ran it through my cuttlebug (any embossing machine that will hold the folder will do fine).  Next I added a piece of the new Thistle Diagonal Striped ribbon (cut to 5 1/2" and wrapped behind the embossed daisy white card stock and attached to the back.  I then attached that to the top of the glacier card on the card.  Finally, I took a piece of daisy white card stock that measured 3/4 x 2 1/4" stamped (in thistle ink) with a sentiment from the Just for You stamp set that was mounted onto a piece of the glacier card stock that measured 1 x 2 5/8" and adhered it using 3-D Foam tape for dimension.

I have listed all the supplies used to make this card below and they can all be purchased from my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking on the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Hope you like this card and Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies used:

White daisy card stock (1385), glacier card stock (X5770), thistle ink (Z2640), glacier ink (Z2641), flaxen ink (Z2642), canary ink (Z2643), pixie ink (Z2644), 3-D foam tape (Z2060), thistle diagonal striped ribbon (Z1990), Just for You stamp set (B1398) and Lifetime of Happiness stamp set (C1589)



No comments:

Post a Comment