Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Monday, August 7, 2017

Basics Funadmentals

On to the fourth and final new fundamental collection for the new catalog period.  This is collection features neutral tones and timeless designs.  It offers patterns and colors that can anchor any other patterned papers - or stand all on their own!


So these are the basics patterned papers.  


And this is the Basics palette, isn't it so beautifully neutral?

Now here are the five cards I made using the Basics Fundamentals, I am pretty pleased with how they came out...


This card used one of the small M sized stamp sets appropriately called "Thinking of You", these stamps are perfect sentiment stamps (they include this one, Happy Birthday, Thank You and Celebrate) for card making.  Just the right size and at only $2.95 they are a perfect addition to any collection, plus they are small and easy to store.  And as an extra bonus they work beautifully with the Go-To Cards and Tags kits being offered in the new Annual Inspirations Idea Book (see page 31).  I liked that this was made using the nice neutral gray tones and the silver shimmer trim really adds.


This card again used different shades of gray and a retired flower stamp set (but you could use pretty much any stamp set you wanted).  The sentiment is from the Happy Heart stamp set and again I found the shimmer trim, this time black to be the perfect addition.  


On to some brown, this is the beautiful new Nutmeg and it is just beautiful  I added a little of this years "Color of the Year" our beautiful new Bashful and some cute little pearls.  The sentiment is from the Birthday Sparkles stamp set (this one has four great birthday sentiments and I use it all the time).  


I became so inspired by how the Bashful (pink) cardstock went with the Nutmeg in the previous card I just could not wait to pair it with the beautiful grays from the Basics fundamentals.  I was right it is beautiful.  The simple addition of a little piece of the silver foil paper and a couple of clear sparkles really make this card.  The sentiment was stamped from the Sending Prayers stamp set.


And as I have explained before I am the mother of two sons so I am always looking to make masculine cards.  Well this paper packet is perfect for that.  Here a little addition of gold shimmer trim and some gold foil paper just make this card pop.  I will admit I do love this nutmeg color and I really love the Nature's Wish stamp set (I use it all the time, but just hang in there I have another new one called "Hunting for Words" on its way to me and you will be seeing a lot of it as well).  

I hope you enjoyed these cards.  Here is some of the beautiful artwork produced by the talented designers from Close to My Heart using the Basics Fundamentals...

Cards
Scrapbook page

 Another 

 And another...

Picture My Life using Basics

I hope you have enjoyed these products as much as I have enjoyed bringing them to you.  All the products featured here can be found at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the button at the top left of this blog.  As always, have a great day and Happy Crafting!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment