Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, October 1, 2016

National Card Making Day

Well hello and happy National Card Making Day.  Now I really don't need a day dedicated to card making to give me the excuse to spend the day doing what I love to do but it worked today so I am just going to be happy about that.  Here are two very simple cards I made using this months Stamp of the Month.  Don't forget this $17.95 stamp set can be yours for just $5 with a qualifying $50 purchase during the month of October.  This set is a great way to get started on those Christmas Cards and scrapbook pages we want to get done.

So here is the stamp set.  The star and stocking can be cut using the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge (it has retired but many of my customers already own it) or you can cut all of them out by hand (I did this one one project because it was faster and easier than getting out my cricut and it was no problem).



This first card was simple.  I cut a piece of Pacifica Cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4" and stamped the star and sentiment using VersaMark ink and then embossed using the Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder.  I love how the gold pops off this shade of blue.  Very simple yet elegant at the same time.  I mounted the whole thing on a White pre-cut A-2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2") card base.



For this second card I did the same thing but used the new Sea Glass cardstock (isn't that beautiful) and I changed up the sentiment.  Such simple yet elegant cards, you could even add a nice white or gold ribbon if you wanted.  

Here is a list of supplies I used to make these cards.  As always you can find these supplies and more on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shop button at the top of this blog.  Happy Crafting!!!!


Supply List:

White Value Pack of Cards and Envelopes (X254)
VersaMark Ink Pad (Z891)
Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder (Z2066)
Craft Heater (to activate the embossing powder) (Z555)
Pacifica Cardstock (X5759) 
Sea Glass Cardstock (X5789)
Yuletide Joy Stamp Set (S1610) (remember it is just $5 with a $50 qualifying purchase)


No comments:

Post a Comment