Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

How about a wreath for every occassion

So this card was inspired by this cute wreath stamp that is new.  I decided I was going to find a way to use it today and here it is.


I really like this wreath and I just stamped it and cut it out by hand (it was really easy just don't cut a straight line, LOL).  I added a sentiment that is from the Sending Smiles stamp set that is one of the three new stamp sets that come free with the new Flower Market Cricut Collection shown here...


As you can see there is one whole set of stamps that are nothing but sentiments, actually there are 28 in total on that one sheet.  Everything from hugs and kisses, sending smiles, lets celebrate, happy wishes on your day, hi there, way to go, and lots more.  

Cut Thistle cardstock to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" and score and fold to create an A-2 card that is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2", cut a piece to 1/4 x 5 1/4" and a piece to 3 1/4 x 3 1/4", Cut two pieces (your choice) of the Whimsey Fundamentals to 2 x 5 1/2".  Cut White Daisy to 3 x 3" to stamp wreath and sentiment on to.

So once everything was cut I stamped the wreath using Black Memento (my choice of ink when I am going to color with markers), stamped the sentiment into the center using Thistle ink and then colored the leaves in using the Leaf Green ShinHan marker.  I cut it out using my Micro Tip scissors because they are the sharpest scissors I own plus they are small and make it easy to make these kind of cuts.  Then I punched out three flowers using a small punch I have in my stash (there are flowers in the Flower Market cartridge that could be sized to work great for this as well) out of a piece of scrap Thistle cardstock.  I did ink the edges of the flowers and then shaped them using a flower shaping tool.  I added bling to the center of the flowers and added them to the wreath using glue dots (remember uneven numbers look best)  Then assembled the whole card.  This one was pretty easy.  

I have listed all the supplies I used below and as always they and other products you see here can be purchased at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking on the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies:

Cardstock:  Thistle (X5789) and White Daisy (1385)
Whimsey Fundamentals (Z3255)
Stamps:  Wreath (A1193) and Sentiment was from Sending Smiles stamp set from the Flower Market Cricut cartridge (Z3285 physical cartridge or Z3290 for the Digital cartridge / both come with three stamp sets and a package of cardstock) or you can use the Thinking of You stamp from the So Many Smiles set (C1619)
Ink: Thistle (Z2640) and Black Memento (Z899)
Misc: ShinHan Leaf Green marker (Z2454), Bitty Sparkles (Z1263), Glue Dots (1772) and Micro Tip Scissors (Z534)


No comments:

Post a Comment