Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Hooked on You meets Rustic Home Fundamentals

I am loving the new product line from Close to My Heart.  As a wife, the mother of two sons, and a sister to a brother and brother-in-law, not to mention my Dad and Father-in-law, I make a bunch of masculine cards and that is sometimes a challenge.  They need to be fresh, classy and exciting but not frilly and sometimes it is difficult to find that balance.  But when I saw the new Hooked on You stamp set I knew I had a winner.  Check this one out...


I am loving the finished product and it was simple as could be.  

Cuts:  Kraft cardstock cut to 8 x 5 1/2" scored at 4" and folded to make card base of 4 x 5 1/2".  Pacifica cardstock cut to 3 3/4 x 5 1/4", Rustic Home Fundamental paper (with a board print) cut to 3 1/2 x 5".  Finally cut a piece of Colonial White cardstock to 3 x 3 3/4" and stamp with the trout and sentiment using the memento ink so it doesn't bleed into the ink or markers.  

After stamping the trout I began to color the areas around it, I used a sponge (I cut ours into quarters because it is easier to work with), I start with the lightest color (here that was the Crystal Blue) and starting off the cardstock (put scrap paper under it) start swirling the color onto the card a little at a time from the outside edges to the inside.  I did this with all three colors (not going in all the way with the second color which was Peacock and then going in less with the final color which was Sapphire) until I got the look I wanted.  

I then colored in the trout using the ShinHan markers and all though you can't see it in the picture I used a shimmer brush to add some shimmer to the trout (makes him look like he is wet and reflecting the light).  All in all I am very pleased with how it turned out.

As always the supplies I used are listed below.  You can purchase them through my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.closetomyheart.com or by clicking on the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Happy Crafting!!!!

Supplies Used:  
Papers:  Rustic Home Fundamentals (Z3262), Craft cardstock (Z1375), Pacifica cardstock (X5759) and Colonial White cardstock (1388)
Hooked on You stamp set (B1535)
Inks: Black Memento Ink (Z899), Crystal Blue (Z2117), Peacock (Z2649) and Sapphire (Z2648)
ShinHan Markers:  Turquoise Blue (Z2465), Marine Blue (Z2458), Tender Pink (Z2464), Golden Yellow (Z2452), Vivid Green (Z2466), Cerulean Blue (Z2449) and the Colorless Bender (Z2469)
Misc.:  Shimmer Brush (Z3293), Sponge (Z697), button and string were from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment