Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Introducing Florence isn't she beautiful?


First I want to apologize for being away from the blog for so long.  I have some issues with arthritis and once in a while it flares up really bad.  This time it was in my back for over a week (some days I feared I would die and other days I feared I would not, LOL).  It is doing a little better so I am going to take it slow and try not to irritate it by spending too much time on the computer or crafting (I know what a punishment for me).  But enough of that.

As many of you know Close to My Heart features a paper packet each month and encourages us consultants to use it and post on our social media projects using that paper pack.  Well this months was called Magical.  Now while I like the paper it is very Disney inspired and I have only been to Disneyland one time and never to Disney World.  Since my sons are grown and I don't yet have Grandchildren I figure it is someplace I won't be for some time.  I just couldn't figure out a group of projects to use it on (I have friends that are using it like crazy because they are Disney addicts and yes, that would be you Susie, LOL).  It is available, along with lots of complements and complimentary stamp sets on my OBA (it is item #X7209B), and here is what it looks like (you can see it better on my site at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com ) ...



So since I was down so much of the month I have decided to move on to next months featured paper (yeah, I get to do more with it and I am thrilled because this may be one of my most favorite paper packets of all times), I am really fighting the urge to hoard it.  You can see why I love this paper right?  It is super versatile and I will be showing you some great ways to use it over the next few weeks.  I do want to point out though that both these paper packets will be retiring on August 30th and are available only as supplies last, so don't miss out.  If you want either of them you should order them before they sell out or retire.  So here is the first thing I made with this paper...


I thought this particular paper was gorgeous and I loved the coordinating stamp set (and the fact that it had a die cut set as well so I didn't have to fussy cut these just made them more appealing).  So here is how it was made.  I started with a pre-made white A-2 card base (I buy these in bulk since I use so many of them and I find it a very affordable way to make cards).  I added a piece of the Florence paper (I love this one with all the ornate blossoms so lightly printed on it in all these beautiful colors, you really need to see it to appreciate how beautiful it is) that I had cut to 4 x 5 1/4".  Next I cut a strip of Peacock cardstock that measured 1 x 5 1/4" along the bottom and then I cut another piece of the Florence paper (this time a saffron colored paper with chevrons) to 1/2 x 5 1/4" and centered it on top of the peacock cardstock (this is where I would stamp my sentiment, which I decided to wait to do until I knew what I was going to use the card for).  I also stamped three images from the Ornate Blossoms stamp set and cut them out using the Ornate Blossoms Thin Cuts (you will be seeing a lot more of this stamp and die set over the next month, but remember they also retire at the end of August so get them quick before they sell out).  I stamped one on Saffron cardstock using poppy ink and one on Poppy cardstock using peacock ink, I then used clear embossing powder on both of them.  I then stamped the third one on Peacock cardstock using VersaMark clear ink and embossed it using Princess Gold embossing Powder.  You could just stamp them and skip the embossing but I was really happy with the affect and dimension it gave me. I used 3-D foam tape and popped up the Peacock and Poppy ornate blossoms and put the Saffron one straight down on the card.  I always like to add dimension any where I can and this is a great way to do that.  

I have listed all the supplies I used below and as always you can find them and lots of other great stuff on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  As always, have a great day and Happy Crafting!!!!

Supplies:

White Value Pack of cards and envelopes (X254)
Paper:  Florence Paper Packet (X7208B), Enchantment Cardstock Combo Pack (X5781)
Ornate Blossoms Stamp Set (D1687) and Ornate Blossoms Thin Cuts (Z3227)
Inks: Poppy (Z2652), Peacock (Z2649) and VersaMark (Z891)
Embossing Powder: Ranger Princess Gold (Z2066) and Ranger Clear Super Fine (Z2088)
Misc:  Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)

No comments:

Post a Comment