Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, July 29, 2016

For my Adult Coloring Fans


I know many of us have been bitten by the Adult Coloring bug right?  Why not?  It transports us to a simpler time in our lives, it is relaxing, it is creative, not too much thought or work involved.  Well I have been trying to figure out how to incorporate my love for the coloring in with my love of card making.  Well, let me tell you this stamp set is the perfect solution.  It is called Ornate Blossoms and I have used it in several previous posts because it is really beautiful and easy to work with.  


For this project I started with a card base cut from Poppy cardstock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded to make a standard A-2 card that is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" (if you want to save on cardstock you could use one of the pre-made card bases and add a piece of the poppy that is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2").  Next I added the black mat which measures 4 x 5 1/4" and I cut a piece of White Daisy to 3 3/4 x 5".  I used Memento ink (as I have said several times on here I love the crisp result and it doesn't bleed when I color in my stamp) and I randomly stamped all of the stamps from the set (some I just did half on and half off, just remember to put a piece of scrap paper under the cardstock so you don't stamp on your table, yes, I speak from experience, LOL).  Then color in using your favorite coloring tools.  I used the ShinHan markers here and I love how beautiful and vibrant they are (but I think it would also be beautiful colored in with our beautiful watercolor pencils as well).

Remember this is your project so use what makes you the happiest, it may be the same stamp over and over, colored differently or maybe all colored the same.  You could (I am planning to for my daughter in law) make up a bunch of cards and not color them but give them as a gift and let the recipient color them in and send them off).  There are tons of possibilities with this one for sure.

I will list the supplies I used below, they, along with other products are available for purchase on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  As always, Have a great day and Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  Poppy (X5779), White Daisy (1385) and Black (1386)
Stamp Set: Ornate Blossoms (D1687)
Misc. ShinHan Markers (I used a bunch of them and you can see what colors you might like on the OBA and decide for yourself) or you can use the watercolor pencils (3505)


No comments:

Post a Comment