Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Florence 2 Page Layout

I have to admit I always struggle more with scrapbook pages than with cards.  Maybe it is because they are a larger piece or maybe it is because they  are more permanent so I think they need to be more perfect.  Whatever the reason it is something I do struggle with so I look at the art work of other consultants often for inspiration.  One lady who always inspires me is Christina Eisenhour, her work is always beautiful.  So one of her pages was the inspiration for this one.

I knew I wanted to showcase the paper but I also wanted to use the embellishments and more importantly I wanted to make some of my own embellishments for this project to show you could do that if you were not the sticker kind of crafter.  I wanted to use cardstock as my base so I could stretch my Florence paper packet to the max.  I have to admit I learned a trick from a lady at a crop a few months ago when it comes to layering paper.  (She showed us it saves paper plus it makes the pages less bulky).  



So what I did here was I used white daisy cardstock for my base, I then added a piece of pacifica cardstock that I cut two pieces to 10 1/2 x 10" (now here is the trick she taught me) when I got the first piece cut I cut in 1" down from the top and 1" down from the left side leaving me an L shape that I adhered to the page as shown and then covered with the next color.  I then did the same thing with the second piece only I left the 1" margin on the top and right side this time.  I used the paper I had left over from the cuts to make my photo mats and to cut the 2 strips of peacock used at the bottom to 1/2" x 10 1/4" .  I then cut I piece of honey cardstock to 10 1/4 x 9 3/4" and mounted that on top of the peacock.  I came up 1/2" from the bottom of the page and added my 1/2" x 10 1/4" strip of peacock and then added two of the Zip Strips cut to 10 1/4" (these are the little strips on the tops of each piece of B&T paper in the paper pack, they have the paper pack name and some other stuff on one side but then they have a coordinating design to go with the papers on the other side).  I love to use these zip strips in lots of projects, they always add so much interest.  

So I then added the photo mats as listed (the white daisy represents the picture and states the photo size):
3 x 3 photo is pacifica 3 1/4 x 3 1/4" 
4 x 6 photo is pacifica 4 1/2 x 6 1/2" and cranberry at 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 
4 x 4 photo is pacifica 4 1/4 x 4 1/4" (cut 2), cranberry at 4 1/2 x 4 1/2" (cut 2) 
I also added a piece of white daisy cardstock cut to 3 1/2 x 3 1/2" to use for journaling.  

Here are some more pics of the pages -



Now lets talk about embellishments, as you can see I put a bunch on the page.  Some are from the Complement set that goes with the Florence paper packet and others are ones I made myself.  I used the Ornate Blossoms stamp set and thin cuts and I made them in a couple different ways.  I used VersaMark ink and stamped several onto white daisy cardstock and embossed them using Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder and others I stamped onto kraft paper using the VersaMark ink and embossed using the Ranger White Super Fine embossing powder.  I then colored them in using my ShinHan Markers.  Can you tell which ones I made??

In this picture it is the larger one in the center (although the very center is a small piece from the complement set and the two to the left (red and blue).  

In this picture it is the one in the center with all the colors (because I really do like to color even as an adult).  

So that about does it, the only other thing I did was to add some 3-D foam tape under some of the pieces for a more layered affect and more interest and I also added some of the beautiful Florence sequins to the mix as well.  

I hope you like this project, as I said before I do struggle with scrapbook pages so I once again want to thank Christina Eisenhour for the inspiration.  As always I will include a list of the products used to create this project below and a reminder that are available on my OBA (remember a good many of them will all be retiring at the end of August so hurry and get yours) at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog. Have a great day and Happy Crafting!!!!

Supplies Used:  
Savings Alert:  If you purchase the Florence Workshop your Way Scrapbooking Kit it includes the Florence Paper, the complements, white daisy cardstock, the Florence Sequins and the Rose Gold foil tape (which I did not use on this project but it is beautiful) all for one low price.  (G1107) You can also purchase the Adventure combo cardstock package which has 2 sheets of each the pacifica, cranberry and honey along with other colors rather than purchasing large packages of each color. (X5935)

Florence Paper Packet (X7208B) 
Cardstock: White Daisy (1385), Pacifica (X5759), Cranberry (1272), Honey (X5668) and Kraft paper (Z1375)
Misc.: Florence Complements (X7208C), Florence Sequins (Z3213), VersaMark ink (Z891), Ranger Princes Gold embossing powder (Z2066), Ranger White Super Fine embossing powder (Z2068) and 3-D Foam Tape ( Z1151)
Ornate Blossoms stamp set (D1687) and Ornate Blossoms thin cuts (Z3227)
ShinHan markers: Carmine (Z2448), Cerulean Blue (Z2449) and Leaf Green (Z2454)

No comments:

Post a Comment