Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Calypso meets The Long Way Home both Close to My Heart!!

Just a quick project here.  I wanted to incorporate both the beautiful Calypso paper and this months stamp of the month into a project.  I have seen a few on Pinterest and noticed one using the adorable flamingo stamps and thin cuts from the Tickled Pink collection so here is my take on that....



To cute right?  Full instructions at the bottom of this post.  So here is the stamp set that is just $5 with a $50 qualifying purchase ($17.95 value) available only during the month of June.


And here is the stamp set and the die set I used for the flamingo's (which are adorable).



I just can't get enough of these flamingo's.  You will be seeing them in future projects for sure.  So here are the instructions and supplies I used...

Glacier cardstock cut to 3 ¾” x 5” (distressed with crystal blue)
Calypso patterned paper cut to 3 ½” x 4 ¾” (distressed with pixie ink)
White daisy cardstock scraps were used to stamp and cut out all the figures, etc.

I matted the calypso paper onto the glacier cardstock, cut a small slit in the car to add the flamingo (I cut off the part of him that stuck out the bottom and taped him down behind the card).  I then cut out the car, the sun (which I punched out using a 1" circle punch), sign and the luggage and added them to the card using 3-D foam tape, I used a small piece of 3-D foam tape under the flamingos wing but glued him right to the card face.  I also added two little black gems for the flamingo’s eyes, because I think everything needs a little bling.  Finally, I stamped a little bit of the flamingo onto the envelope (no naked envelopes for me, LOL). 

Supplies:  

Stamp Sets: The Long Way Home (S1606) and Tickled Pink (C1651)
Die Cuts – Tickled Pink (Z3228)
Calypso Paper Packet (X7210)
Cardstock – White daisy (1385) and Glacier (X5770)
Dauber (Z726)
Inks –Chrystal Blue (Z2117), Sapphire (Z2648), Pixie (Z2644), Pear (Z2197), Memento (Z899), and Canary (Z2643)
White Value cards and envelopes (X254 – they are a package of 50 cards and envelopes so they are a good basic supply to have)
1” circle punch (Z1999)
3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)
For flamingo eyes I just colored the clear bitty sparkles (Z1263) with a black marker

As always the supplies for this and other projects are available for purchase on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking on the shop button at the top of this blog.  Have a wonderful day and Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment