Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, May 2, 2016

More fun with Georgie - Card #1

Here we go, card number one to go in my adorable card purse made from the Georgie paper pack. 



For this card I stamped the beautiful flowers using the new Hawaiian Hibiscus stamp set from Close to my Heart (CTMH) onto some white daisy cardstock using Memento ink.  Then I colored the flowers using the ShinHan markers from CTMH, I just love how well these markers blend (my friend copied this card and she used the CTMH Watercolor Pencils and they worked great – they are 3505, I use them for all kinds of things).  When I finished coloring them I fussy cut them out, I used my bone folder and just curved the leaves and flower petals a little to give them a look of movement. 

Now I created the base for my card.  I cut a piece of honey cardstock to 8 ½ x 5 1/2 ” and then scored it at 4 ¼” to create an A-2 card base.  I added a piece of the paper from the Georgie paper pack (scrap actually from the purse) that measured 5 ½ x 2” along the bottom edge of the card.  I then stamped the Happy Birthday in the top right corner of the card using the Joyful Birthday stamp set and more memento ink (I consider this a must have set as it contains four different happy birthday greetings and I use it all the time) don’t wait too long to order this one as it is slated to retire soon. 

I added some Teal Shimmer trim along the top of the piece of the Georgie paper (because you can never have too much bling on anything) and then added my flowers.  I started with the largest flower which I popped up using 3-D foam tape to give it some added interest.  I then added my second flower and leaves and moved them around until I liked the look and then just glued them down.

And there you have it.  I love how this card turned out (much prettier in person).  Stay tuned for additional cards (we are going to make at least 8 for our little purse).  As always you can get all the supplies you need from my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Happy crafting… 


Supplies Used:
Stamp set:  Hawaiian Hibiscus (B1537) and Joyful Birthday (B1419)
Papers:  Georgie Paper Pack (X7203B), white daisy cardstock (1385) and honey cardstock (X5668)
Ink: Memento (Z899)
Misc.:  Teal shimmer trim (Z1918), 3-D foam tape, glue pen (Z553) and bone folder (Z1204)
ShinHan Markers used:  Leaf Green (Z2454), Vivid Green (Z2466), Marigold (Z2457), Golden Yellow (Z2452), Turquoise Blue (Z2465), Cerulean Blue (Z2449) and the colorless blending marker (Z2469)

No comments:

Post a Comment