Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Happy Times to be had by all!!!!

I am going to move on from the Georgie paper packet and show you some great ideas on how to use this month’s special the Happy Times paper packet.  This beautiful paper packet features 14 exclusive B&T Duos, including four papers with gold foil designs and it can be yours for free yes I said free with a qualifying $60 purchase.  Read all about it in the right column of my blog.

So let’s get started, if you saw my earlier posts you know I have been busy making little purses full of cards to give as birthday and holiday gifts, so I am continuing on that theme today.  Here is the purse I made using this beautiful (free) paper. 



Now it needs to be filled with cards so here is the first one in the series.


I began with a pre-made white card base (I use these a lot because I find them very economical and I hate to use more of my beautiful paper than is absolutely necessary on a single project) it is an A-2 card which means it measures 4 ¼ x 5 ½”.  I cut a piece of the Happy Times paper (I chose the ombre and made sure I took it from the center so I would get the full graduation of color) and cut it to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” and adhered it to the front of the card. 

I then cut a piece of honey cardstock in an oval shape that was 4” at it’s longest point (I cut this using the Close to my Heart Artistry cartridge) and a second one from white daisy that was 3 ½” at it’s longest point. 

I stamped the flowers using the Happy Times stamp set (available during this month only).  I used pear ink for the stems and crystal blue for the smaller flowers and naturally poppy for the poppies.  I did stamp one additional poppy on a piece of scrap white daisy and cut it out and popped it up using 3-D foam tape to add some dimension and give additional interest to the card. 

Finally, I stamped hello on the card (you could use any sentiment you want) I just love these little mini stamps because they are so affordable.  And there you have it, cute card that can be used for pretty much any occasion.

I hope you enjoy this card.  Happy Crafting!!!!

Below is a list of the supplies I used and as always they are available for purchase on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shop button at the top of this blog.

Supplies:
Paper: Happy Times Packet (CC1063), Honey (X5668) and White Daisy (1385)
Ink: Pear (Z2197),  Crystal Blue (Z2117) and Poppy (Z2652)
Stamp Sets: Happy Times (CC1064) and A Penned Hello (M1130)
Misc.: White value pack of cards and envelopes (X254) and Cricut Artistry Collection (Z3167 for physical cartridge or Z3190 for digital) I do want to point out that the oval I cut from this cartridge is available on most of the CTMH cartridges so if you already own one you can check.  

No comments:

Post a Comment