Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Georgie Card #6

Well hello there.  Today we move onto card #6 in our quest to fill our little card purse/gift bag full of coordinating cards (if you want to see the directions for the purse they are on my May 1st blog). 



I have fallen in love with these drape folds.  This one is a double drape and I think it is quickly becoming my favorite.  So let’s get started.  On this card I used one of the pre-made A-2 white card bases that I purchase in bulk (like that it comes out to about $.29 and that includes the envelope as well).  I used the Canary cardstock that came in my Georgie paper pack (as you can see I am getting the best bang for my buck out of this pack of paper).   I cut it to 4 x 5 ¼ and mounted it onto the white card base.

Cut two sided paper to 3 x 11”.  Score at 1.5, 2, 3, 3.5, 4.5, 5, 6, 6.5, 7.5¸ 8, 9 and 9.5

With the paper lying horizontally with the side you want as your top facing you, measure up 1.5” on each side and make a light pencil mark, measure and mark the bottom at 5.5”.

Cut from the side marks to the center bottom mark (it will be like a big v).

Now, fold (mountain, valley, mountain, etc.) from each end until you meet in the center with two drapes lying side by side (a bone folder will give you a nice crisp edge on your folds).  Adhere drapes to one another (here I just put a little adhesive between the folds to get it to lay flat) and center on the card base you made from the canary cardstock (there will be extra material on each side, you can cut it off or I just fold it around the back of my base. 

On this card I decided to make my little valance as I like to call it, from the same paper as the drape but you can make it from a coordinating paper as well.  It is just ½” x 4” (sometimes I make it longer and just tuck it behind the cardstock because I think it gives it a cleaner look). 

The circles were cut out of white daisy cardstock (there are two sheets in the Georgie paper pack) using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and then stamped in different colors that coordinated with the paper pack (you can choose whatever colors make you happy) using that same stamp set, So Many Smiles (you could also just cut them by hand if you don’t have this cartridge after you stamp them).  I used canary and crystal blue on mine.  

I placed smaller circles on top of the larger ones using 3-D foam tape and then placed them on the card with my Bonding memories glue pen.  The sentiment is stamped with memento ink using the Victorian Gratitude stamp, I just love the font, so classy looking (best part about this stamp is that it is one of the mini’s and is just $2.95, I love them all and use them all the time).

NOTE:  The two small circles on the side of the larger one were stamped using a stamp set that is now retired.  I apologies I try really hard not to do this but sometimes I slip up.  No worries though there are several different images on the So Many Smiles set that are just the right size for this. 

I hope you like this card and as always remember you can purchase all the supplies to make this and the other projects from my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com   Have a great day and Happy Crafting!!!!

Supply List:
Stamp set:  So Many Smiles (C1619)
Papers:  Georgie Paper Pack (X7203B) contains all the paper you need for this card
Ink: Memento (Z899), Canary (Z2643) and Crystal Blue (Z2117)
Misc.:  3-D foam tape (Z1151), glue pen (Z553), bone folder (Z1204) and the white value pack of cards and envelopes (X254)
Art Philosophy Cricut Collection (Z3171)


No comments:

Post a Comment