Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Regatta Again

Today I am playing with Close to My Hearts (CTMH) new Thin Cuts (they are cutting dies that coordinate with our stamps).  I have loved the CTMH cricut cartridges that coordinate with our stamps for years so this is just another great way to do that same thing (just a little less expense starting out).  So I decided on another nautical card today and I am pretty pleased with how it came together.



and here is the Regatta Paper Packet I used

This card was really pretty quick and easy.  The background paper is straight out of the paper packet (no I did not have to stamp all those birds, thank goodness).  I used Pomegranate cardstock as my base and also to make one of the flags.  The lighthouse was stamped twice, once in Slate and once in Sapphire ink and then I just cut the rocks off the slate one and glued them on top of the sapphire one (of course that was after I cut both of them out using the thin cut die) and I used some 3-D foam tape to pop the lighthouse up for dimension (I later wished I had also done that with the waves which were also cut from the Thin Cut dies out of one of the papers in the paper pack.  Here is my supply list for this project...

Stamp Set: My Anchor (C1642) and coordinating Thin Cuts My Anchor (Z3202)
Cardstock:  Pomegranate (X5780) and White Daisy (1385) 
Inks: Pomegranate (Z2653), Sapphire (Z2648) and Slate (Z2173)
Regatta Paper Packet (X7206B)

All of the supplies needed to make this card and lots of other fun projects are available on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Hope you liked the card and Happy Crafting!!!!