Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Monday, April 18, 2016

Double Drape Technique

Ok so I figured I had mastered the single drape so now it is time to figure out the double.  It was a little confusing until I watched three of four video's on You Tube then I kind of played with it until I got the look I wanted.  These are also retired Close to My Heart Papers but let me just say I think these would be beautiful made with the Charlotte paper pack (which is retiring at the end of this month) or with the La Vie En Rose (which retires in August) but it really is a personal preference.


The stamp set used here is called Happy to Be Friends (C1605) and I have to admit I use it all the time.  


Stamp set used - Your Own Kind of Wonderful (D1627)


Stamp set used - Wavy Blooms (D1651) and I colored it in using CTMH watercolor pencils - 3505)


Same stamp set was used here as in the previous picture and I also used the watercolor pencils on this one.  


So how is this fold done?  Well here goes, select a patterned paper that is two sided (the CTMH background and texture papers are all two sided).  Cut it to 3 x 11" (so you can get four drapes out of one piece of B&T paper isn't that great).  Score at 1 1/2, 2, 3, 3 1/2, 4 1/2, 5, 6, 6 1/2, 7 1/2, 8, 9 and 
9 1/2" .  Measure up 1 1/2" on each side and mark, then measure to the center of the paper (5 1/2") and mark.  Now cut horizontally between the 1 1/2" marks and the 5" mark on both sides.  Next begin to fold at each end, mountain, valley, mountain, valley until you reach the center and then do the other side.  The drape will be longer than you need but simply center it on the card topper (I used a piece of cardstock that was 4 x 5 1/4" for my topper that I later adhered to an A-2 base card that was 4 1/4 x 5 1/2") and adhere, bend excess behind the topper and adhere as well.  (I found adhesive on each of the valley and mountain folds made managing the drape much easier).  I topped with coordinating ribbon or paper and embellished with stamps and bling.  

I hope you like this project and I invite you to check out my OBA at www.craftingwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog to see all the wonderful papers, stamps, embellishments and other supplies that are available for you to use on projects like this one.  

Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment