Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Another Take on Pathfinding Paper Packet

I decided to play around a bit more with my new Pathfinding paper packet.  It is just such a nice paper for fall cards and projects so here is a remake of a previous card with a few changes and two new cards.

Card 1 -

I had posted a card very similar to this back on August 15th.  I made a few changes.  For those who did not want to purchase the entire card making kit to get the stamp I used I changed this to the Flight of Arrows stamp set and I also added a flower (I used some punches I had) punched from goldrush card stock and I inked the edges of the flowers with autumn terracotta ink and added a sparkle to the center.  All the other instructions remain the same as the previous card.

This next card was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest created by Aaron Brown.  I liked the basic design but wanted to add some of my own touches and this is what I came up with.

Card 2 - 

This card is pretty simple.  I used the September stamp of the month (just $5 with a $50 purchase during the month of September, a $17.95 value).  I cut my papers as follows:  Goldrush card stock cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" folded to create a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card, chocolate card stock cut to 4 x 5 1/4", Pathfinding B&T (background and texture) cut to 3 3/4 x 5", colonial white cut to 3 1/2 x 4 3/4". Stamp the tree from Family is Forever (SOTM) using chocolate ink (off the left side of the paper), stamp the sentiment (I used the one from the same stamp set but you could use any sentiment you wanted here) with autumn terracotta ink.  I then distressed the entire piece around the edges using my trusty dauber and chocolate ink.  For a finishing touch I added a red enamel heart to the tree and wrapped the card with some twine from my stash.

So for today's final card I really wanted to use some of my materials in a whole new way.  I decided to use my embossing folders for something other than embossing.  I love the results, check it out!!

Card 3 -

This was so much fun to make and I really like the effect I got from using ink with my embossing folder.  So here goes, cut your papers:   Colonial white cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" and folded to create a       4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card base, olive card stock cut to 4 x 5 1/4", colonial white cut to 3 3/4 x 5", and a strip of the pathfinding B&T paper cut to 3/4 x 5".  Take your embossing folder (I used my honeycomb one here) and ink up the raised side (I used olive ink) now place you piece of colonial white that is 3 3/4 x 5" inside the folder, close and rub (it is ok if some spots are darker or lighter it is that distressed look you are going for anyway) I then distressed the sides of the card stock with my trusty dauber and chocolate ink.  For the flowers I stamped them on some scraps of colonial white card stock using the Happy Autumn stamp set and autumn terracotta ink and the leaves were stamped using olive ink. The sentiment was made using the Holiday Tags stamp set (very versatile set I use it a lot and it coordinates with my Artiste Cricut cartridge which is great or I can just hand cut around my sentiment frame), I stamped the frame in chocolate and the sentiment in olive.  Just assemble using 3-D foam tape to pop up two of the flowers and the sentiment to add some dimension to your card.

All of the supplies to make these cards are listed below and can be purchased from my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking on the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  I hope you enjoy these cards.  Happy Crafting.

Card 1 - Colonial white card stock (1388), glacier card stock (Z2641), goldrush card stock ( 1243), Pathfinding paper packet (X7186B), autumn terracotta ink (Z2101), glacier ink (Z2641), gold sequins (Z2012), sparkles assortment (Z1753), Always Greatful stamp set (C1559) and Flight of the Arrows stamp set (D1578).

Card 2 - Colonial white card stock (1388), goldrush card stock ( 1243), Pathfinding paper packet (X7186B), chocolate card stock (X5643), autumn terracotta ink (Z2101), chocolate ink (Z2111), enamel hearts (Z2009), ink dauber (Z726) and the September stamp of the month set (S1409) don't forget if you make a qualifying purchase of $50 or more during September you can get the stamp set for just $5.  (this stamp set will only be available in September 2014).

Card 3 - Colonial white card stock (1388), olive card stock (1245), Pathfinding paper packet (X7186B), Honeycomb embossing folder (Z1995), olive ink (Z2137), chocolate ink (Z2111), autumn terracotta ink (Z2101), 3-D foam tape (Z1151), Happy Autumn stamp set (D1550) and Holiday Tags stamp set (D1560)


No comments:

Post a Comment