Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Masculine Cards

I find that masculine cards are always the hardest cards for me to create.  Most supplies just don't scream male or masculine.  However, this new Skylark paper pack is very versatile and I have challenged myself to try to make at least four cards during the month of May that can be used for male birthdays, graduations or of course Father's Day.  Here is card one...............


I started with a sheet of the B&T papers that had the birds etc on it (the whole base of his card, ribbons, printing and bird are already printed on the paper) I cut the top left corner of the 12 x 12 sheet to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and mounted it onto a colonial white card base the same size.  I used my trusty dauber and daubed the edges of the card with lagoon ink to add dimension.  I then cut a strip of the same B&T paper (a scrap spot) to 1 x 2 1/2" and used the flip side (love these two sided papers) and a piece of the kraft cardstock (included in the paper pack) to 1 1/4 x 3 1/2".  I cut each of these two to look like a flag and then used the dauber on them as well.  I then stamped the vine using stamp set Love This (this is a go to stamp set for me, I use it all the time) using Lagoon ink again and finally I stamped Happy Birthday again with Lagoon ink using the Joyful Birthday stamp Set (you could stamp it with any sentiment, congratulations, get well, happy father's day).

As I said this card is very versatile and it was super quick and easy and I see the potential for three more cards from the scraps of just this one sheet of B&T paper, so I hope you will check back here to see what else I can come up with.  Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supplies Used:
X7177B - Skylark Paper Packet
X1410 - Colonial White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
Z2195 - Lagoon Ink Pad
Z726 - Sponge Daubers
B1439 - Love This stamp set
B1419 - Joyful Birthday stamp set

All supplies can be purchased from my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking on the shopping cart at the beginning of this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment