Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Loving the Irish

Time to make a St. Patrick's Day card.  I just love the green beer, green food and most of all the shamrock.  So here is my card for this year.


It was easy enough.  The white card base is 4.25 x 5.5" and I stamped it with Swirls Around Flair Stamp Set (D1551) and Topiary ink to stamp a base design.  

I then cut layer one (the green one) using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge from page 37, shape 7, real dial size at 4 1/4" and then I cut a white one at 3 3/4".  

The hearts used to make the shamrock are also cut from the same cartridge and are found on page 26, I cut 8 each at 1 1/2".  I placed four hearts in the pattern of the shamrock and I scored the other four in half and bent them forward and glued them down using liquid glass (placed right down the center of each) so that they were three dimensional.  I placed a green rhinestone in the center and added a small stem I cut from leftover green paper.

I made the sentiment using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge page 33, Accent 3,  #3, green material cut to 1 1/2" and white material cut to 1 1/4" and sentiment stamped using Holiday Tags and Occasions Stamp Set (D1560)  with Topiary Ink.

For assembly I used 3-D Foam Tape between the white and green layers and also under the sentiment.  I also added a dark green ribbon and added topiary ink around the edges of all the components using my trusty dauber before assembly (this gives the elements a little dimension and makes them pop a little more, hard to see in the photo but this technique is not new to most paper crafters).

Supplies:
Green and White cardstock
Green Rhinestone
Green ribbon
Close to My Heart Holiday Tags Occasions - D1560
Close to My Heart Swirls Around Flair - D1551
Close to My Heart Cricut Artiste Collection - Z1790
Close to My Heart Cricut Art Philosophy Collection - Z1686
Close to My Heart 3-D Foam Tape - Z1151
Close to My Heart Liquid Glass - Z679
Close to My Heart Topiary Stamp Pad - Z2155
Close to My Heart Sponge Daubers - Z726

All of the Close to My Heart supplies can be viewed and or ordered through my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by simply clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  I hope you enjoyed this project and keep on crafting!!



2 comments: