Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Embossing is Boss check this out

Love beautiful cards but have trouble finding the time to make them.  It could not be easier than this.







This card is a CAS (Clean and Simple) card.  The use of the new Close to My Heart Chevron embossing folder made it a simple project.  The best part - during the month of February Close to My Heart is running a special where you receive a free embossing folder with the purchase of two paper packs.  Head over to my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or click on the shopping cart at the top of this blog to check it out.






Here is how it is made, I started with a piece of ruby card stock that measured  9 x 6 1/4" folded in half to make a card measuring 4 1/2 x 6 1/4".  I then cut a piece of white daisy cardstock to 4 1/4 x 6".  I placed this cardstock into the new Chevron embossing folder taking advantage of the slit in the top to allow only the bottom two thirds to emboss.  I then turned the cardstock around and embossed a small strip at the top of the cardstock.  This left a perfect location for my sentiment.


            
I stamped my sentiment, added a cute bow and attached the embossed cover to my card.  I added a piece of white cardstock on the inside and completed my sentiment, just love the sentiments from this stamp set, they are so funny.  Whole project took just a couple of minutes but what a beautiful outcome.  These embossing folders are great for these type of cards.


Below is the full list of products used to make this project.

Close to My Heart Ruby Cardstock - X5927
Close to My Heart White Daisy Cardstock - X1385
Close to My Heart Ruby Ink Pad - Z2170
Close to My Heart Just a Number Occasions Stamp Set - D1514
Red Ribbon

Please head over to my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com  to see the full line of Close to My Heart products or simply click on the shopping cart at the top of this blog to check connect.  Happy Crafting!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the look of the embossing folder. Love chevrons. You rock Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Connie! Thanks for explaining how you used the slit in the top of the folder to create your blank space. Why didn't I think of that?
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the instructions ladies. Will be doing some more with the other folders soon. Stay tuned.

      Delete