Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, October 24, 2013


As I prepare my holiday cards I am becoming obsessed with the gatefold card.  They are easier than you might think. (See the photo below)

Select the cardstock you wish to use for the base of your card (here I selected a nice Christmas red) and cut it to 8 x 5 1/2".  I then used my Scor-Pal and scored and folded the card at 2 and 6". This gives you the basic gatefold card.

Next I selected the first layer for my gates (a nice Christmas green here) I cut 4 each at 1 3/4 x 5 1/4" I also cut a piece of the green at 4 1/4 x 5 1/4" for the inside of the card.

Now the fun, select the pattern paper you want to use on the project and cut 4 each at 1 1/2 x 5".

I then selected the embellishment I wanted to use and the sentiment.  I started with the fact they needed to be no larger than 4" wide but other than that it was pretty open.  I started by stamping my sentiment on a piece of cardstock that was 3 5/8 x 1 1/4 which I then layered onto a piece of green that was 3 1/2 x 1 7/16 which I then placed on red cardstock that was 3 3/4 x 1 3/4 (the key here is to make sure both the embellishment and the sentiment are the same width and look good on the card, the rest of it can be eyeballed).  For the embellishment I selected one I had in my stash and started to build.  I started with red card stock that was 3 3/4 x 2 1/4" layered on silver cardstock that was 3 10/16 x 2".  Now just assemble (for the verse inside I printed one from the computer on a nice coordinating paper that was 4 x 5 1/2") just start layering the project and adhering everything together, the embellishment stack and the sentiment stack should be adhered last.  First glue only the left half of the embellishment to the left side gate, now glue only the right side of the sentiment to the right gate (this allows the gates to be opened and the sentiment on the inside to be read).  And here is the finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment